Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Advice Please

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
    Last edited by serpico311; 07-25-2007, 07:47 PM.

I am not a LEO but being a college senior that, while living in the dorms, was called to the dean of students office a lot for dumb things that happened I might be able to shed some light. My school is a state school and anything that happens ON CAMPUS and is dealt with by ONLY CAMPUS authorities does not show up anywhere. I.E. from my experiences my campus parking tickets did not show up anywhere and an ON CAMPUS traffic ticket did not show up on any records and I have been successfully through 2 big city BI's. I can not say for sure how your situation is because it deals with drugs, but i know when I got my traffic ticket and other little disciplinary things from UNIVERSITY authorities, they had the choice to contact local or state PD and did not because of the magnitute of the offense. Like the traffic ticket by Univ. police, at my school they can write a state citation which can give you points etc. or they can write you a campus violation which is a $20 fine and no record of it is anywhere off campus as far as I have ever been told. Sorry for the length and if i'm wrong for your exact situation I apologize but this is just how it was for me. My school is in PA, too.

Comment

You're fine man, I was an RA for 2 years. They create a disciplinary action file for each new write up, but nothing gets reported to the police.

Just make sure to be honest with your BI

Comment

Originally posted by redraider
        You're fine man, I was an RA for 2 years. They create a disciplinary action file for each new write up, but nothing gets reported to the police.
        Yep, I am an RA too, going on my 3rd year. You'll be fine! RA's like to pretend they have a lot more power than they actually do! Which is why the whole "getting a warrant" piece from your RA is kind of ridiculous - we don't need warrants to confiscate whatever we feel is in violation of policy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5765 users online. 329 members and 5436 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X