300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDPD or Ft. Lauderdale PD

I live in the Miami area and i'm interested in becoming a cop after college. In terms of pay, hours, benefits, etc., which police dept is better the Miami-Dade PD or Ft. Lauderdale PD? And if you know of any other S. FLorida Agencies that are really good can you please tell which ones and why they are good?

I can't really help you since I'm way over on the other side of the country (So Cal) but I just wanted to say....

I couldn't imagine wearing a vest in that Florida humidity. I think I'd work for a Sheriff's Office and *volunteer* to work the jails just to be indoors
    "Get busy dying or get busy living".....Andy Dufrain, Shawshank Redemption

Comment

I'm used to it by now. I'm originally from Brooklyn, NY but I was raised here in Miami,FL.

Comment

Florida Depts.

You think the humidity is bad in Florida, try New Jersey. Its crazy to me how everyone thinks the heat is so gross in Florida, when here I think its 10 X worse during the summer. Plus I would give anything to have warmth all year round, instead of freezing temperatures. Doesnt make me real excited to get out of my car in December. Anyway as far as your question goes, I would go for Ft Lauderdale, read other posts and you will see its one of the better places to work in South Florida. By the way, every dept. is basically hiring in South Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by grullj
          I live in the Miami area and i'm interested in becoming a cop after college. In terms of pay, hours, benefits, etc., which police dept is better the Miami-Dade PD or Ft. Lauderdale PD? And if you know of any other S. FLorida Agencies that are really good can you please tell which ones and why they are good?
          When I was looking at agencies in Florida, I noticed the Hollywood PD was actively hiring: http://www.hollywoodpolice.org/speci...s/personel.htm

I don't know how expensive it is to live there but the pay didn't look to bad compare to other agencies I was looking at.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3175 users online. 157 members and 3018 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X