300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois State Police ISP

Anyone here an Illinois State Trooper or trying to become one. I am interested in a position with them and wondered if anyone had some inside info other than whats on their website. Has anyone gone through the process or know if they will be hiring any time soon. Thanks for the help.

Isp

Yes I went through the process a few years ago but didn't get hired. I don't think I would know anything to tell you that you can't learn on the web site. A few years ago they made it where you had to have a Bachelors Degree or 3 years experience to appy. Before that it was 60 college credit hours, and before about 1989 it was a Hight School education.

What part of IL do you live in. I'm in the southern part.

Comment

The ISP tests 4 times a year, but that doesn't mean they're hiring 4 times a year. A State Trooper explained that to me at a job fair last year... After the sugarcoating, he finally broke it down for me that the job was 80-85% traffic detail - but they are involved in lots of other areas once you get the seniority and credentials to be a part of it.

Comment

Thanks for replying.
        I am from the Chicago area. I know it would be a lot of traffic detail, but they are a large dept. and I beleive there would be a lot of opportunity to move up into other things, like drug units, investigations etc....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6362 users online. 343 members and 6019 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X