Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Made The Jump To The Feds (usss)

I was just wondering if anyone has or is planning to make the jump from a City PD to the feds. I have a lot of questions, in particular, about the Secret Service (1811.) and the FBI i.e. did your police experience help, does anyone know how many agents they are hiring, the web site says they are hiring indefiniately. If you have anything to share, please do!
    C
    Last edited by SIMPLICITY; 08-05-2005, 09:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Originally posted by SIMPLICITY
    I was just wondering if anyone has or is planning to make the jump from a City PD to the feds. I have a lot of questions, in particular, about the Secret Service (1811.) and the FBI i.e. did your police experience help, does anyone know how many agents they are hiring, the web site says they are hiring indefiniately. If you have anything to share, please do!
    C

I did. Not with USSS or FBI, but fed still. PD work will help a little bit, but for the most part the work is differant. The biggest thing you have to do is make sure you're qualified to apply for the position. Some agencies requirements are tougher than others. DEA and FBI you HAVE to have a degree, and then that's still no guarentee. Other agencies will take experiance in lieu of education, like ICE. 1811 positions are special agent positions. Then you have inspections, like ATF inspections (unarmed) and CBP Officer positions. (armed).

You need to narrow down what you want to do, what type of quality of life you want (married or not) and then proceed from there.

GL.

Comment

Thanks

My "homerun," would be the Secret Service, however, the FBI is obviously (at least to me) the greatest overall law enfocmenent agency in the world.

I am 25 and have 2.5 years on a City PD, I will be done with my degree this year, and I'm shifting my focus to a Federal Job.

I have little holding me back, i.e. not married, and I have worked very hard to live a good clean life so I can be in this position.

As I am sure you have felt, the drive to be the best makes it hard not to constantly dream of the future.

I really appricicate your time, have a good one.

Oh, one last thing, hopefully you read this...
      Is it possible to apply in leu of graduation, or wait until the paper is in hand. Thanks again

Comment

Yes....I drank the Kool Aid

I made the jump a few years ago. Yes, your experience helps alot. Things on the federal side are much bigger as cases go, but much slower. You're probably used to making an arrest every night or so. Now it will probably be every few months. But dealing with knuckle heads never changes. Alot of your co-workers wil have never had that experience. Sorry, no experience with USSS other than working with them on a few prot. service details.
        Last edited by RoverCop; 08-05-2005, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SIMPLICITY
          My "homerun," would be the Secret Service, however, the FBI is obviously (at least to me) the greatest overall law enfocmenent agency in the world.

I am 25 and have 2.5 years on a City PD, I will be done with my degree this year, and I'm shifting my focus to a Federal Job.

I have little holding me back, i.e. not married, and I have worked very hard to live a good clean life so I can be in this position.

As I am sure you have felt, the drive to be the best makes it hard not to constantly dream of the future.

I really appricicate your time, have a good one.

Oh, one last thing, hopefully you read this...
          Is it possible to apply in leu of graduation, or wait until the paper is in hand. Thanks again
          It may be possible, although I would imagine that with the FBI it would be a bit harder. You may want to check their website as well, I know they are looking for specific degrees as well, and remember that if you're a veteran or minority that will help you get on as well.

Check this link out for more info: https://www.fbijobs.gov/jobdesc.asp?requisitionid=368

HTH. GL!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5167 users online. 342 members and 4825 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X