300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure to leave information

I mentioned this a few weeks ago. I scratched a parked car and didn't leave my info.

Would that be a traffic accident or an undetected crime on my background statement?

The reason I ask is the personal history statement Im holding now doesnt have a space for "undetected crimes" but it does ask if I've been involved in any traffic accidents.

In PA it is a crime under the vehicle code. Its PAVC-3745-Damage to unattended vehicle. Its only a summary BUT it is a crime and also goes to your personality, alittle bit. You are required to leave basic info. such as name,address,phone and insurance. ANd I think you must notify the local Police. Its very difficult to 'solve' from our perspective BUT it does go to a persons moral fiber. Of course there are 'eyes' all over the place so you never know who saw YOU do it and gets a license plate.
    I got nothing for now

Comment

Yeah its a class C Misdemeanor here, and I already asked about it.

My question was, should it go under "traffic accidents" or undetected crimes?

I mean its not like i was in traffic since it was a parked car but I dont want to be seen as playing with semantics

Comment

In Virginia it is a class 1 misdemeanor which can carry 1 year in jail and a $2500 fine. It is called hit and run and may demonstrate to a BI a lack of integrity.

My old agency had an employee who was terminated for the same thing.
        "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Yeah okay look guys, I've already asked about it. Im not asking a "will this keep me from getting hired" question. I already asked that.

Only asking, is this considered a traffic accident?

Comment

Oh sorry. re-read my original post. Wasn't as clear as I should have been?

I did this like 5 years ago. I scratched an unattended car. This certainly isn't a recent thing, I wouldn't do something so selfish and immature now.

My question is, is this a traffic accident? Or am I fine just putting it in the "undetected crime" section?

Comment

I did the same when I was in high school, dented the fender of a car. When I filled out a BI packet for my non-sworn job, it did not ask about undetected crimes, only traffic accidents (like your packet). I went ahead and listed it as a traffic accident. My BI asked a few clarifying questions during the interview but other than that, I was good to go. I figured it was better to include the information than to omit it, even though there was no record of it anywhere.
              Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

crash or undetected crime..

sounds simple to me..if you left and no report was made of the incident, then its not on file...making it an undetected crime

Comment

Undetected crime. An accident is only 'official' is there is a police report or an insurance claim (insurance companies are ALL linked into the same computer system, the insurance companies, so they know when there has been a claim against you).

Comment

I have a similar situation, but rather than start a new thread I guess I'll add on here. In my case two different times, both parked cars, one I talked to the driver no damage the other didn't talk to the driver but that was still no damage not even a scratch as we tapped mirrors. Do I list either or both of them under undetected? Thanks for the help/

Comment

Originally posted by frogdust
                      I have a similar situation, but rather than start a new thread I guess I'll add on here. In my case two different times, both parked cars, one I talked to the driver no damage the other didn't talk to the driver but that was still no damage not even a scratch as we tapped mirrors. Do I list either or both of them under undetected? Thanks for the help/
                      Niether is a crime, seeing as though you talked to the other person involved. Hell, it isn't even an accident. Some of you are being a little too truthful here and reporting stuff that literally is harmless.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5929 users online. 328 members and 5601 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X