Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Departments hire non-us citizens???

I was wondering if there's any police departments that would hire non-us (Canadian) citizens???

NONE in FL
    In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

None In Ohio ........... they can't.

Comment

Rumor has it that the Border Patrol does.

Comment

We do. The North Slope Borough Police Dept. in Alaska.

Comment

I checked with Alaska State trooper and they said no

Comment

Originally posted by slickyy
              I checked with Alaska State trooper and they said no
              The AK State Troopers won't even let you apply unless you're a resident of the State. A US citizen from another state can't even apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Sputin
                Rumor has it that the Border Patrol does.
                I guess your joking but in all respects its against executive order for a non citizen to get hired by an executive federal agency.
                I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Yes, in Vermont: Vermont State Police http://www.dps.state.vt.us/vtsp/ Burlington Vermont PD http://www.bpdvt.org/ are two largest but it is the same in the most of small departments, you can checkhttp://www.vcjtc.state.vt.us/job.htm for more informations.GL
                  Last edited by swarhc; 08-19-2005, 06:32 PM.

Comment

I always find it odd you can join the US military and not be a citizen..... At least from what I understand....Never had that problem before since I am a US citizen
                    THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

Originally posted by slickyy
                      I was wondering if there's any police departments that would hire non-us (Canadian) citizens???

are you looking for sworn or non-sworn positions?

Comment

Yes it is odd, you need Green Card and you can join Military but not all MOSs are open to non-citizens: Special Forces, intelligence, non-citizen also can not became an officer but according to Presidential Decree from 10/2001 every non-citizen is automatically eligible for citizenship after one year of service and can request to be retrained for specialty open only to citizens, but non of us chouse country of birth. John Lindham Walker is living proof that citizenship shouldn

Comment

You can be hired by the Chicago Police department if you are a non citizen, but I believe you have to be a citizen within 5 years. If that interests you check out there website.

Comment

and if ya get hired by chicago, yr gonnna have a rude awakening,
                            baptism under fire, and every none pleasant experience a police
                            officer can have.
                            " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                            " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

It depends what your current US immigration status is as to whether you are hired by any dept. If you hold a permanent resident visa (green card), you can apply to (some) depts in IL, CO, Maine, HI, VT and Alaska. If you don't have a green card, you need to either marry a US citizen, or find an employer to sponsor you, which is very difficult but not impossible.
                              It is not the critic who counts...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4614 users online. 285 members and 4329 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X