300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Chapter 13 Bankruptcy D.Q. Me

Hi guys im starting the process to apply in dade and broward agencies and im looking into paying myself in the academy.I believe i have no other worries but my Bankruptcy is this a big worry. I need your advise thanks

If its current, you're screwed.

Comment

It will definitely hurt you. And the more recent it is, the worse it will impact you. If it was a few years ago at least, it may not automatically DQ you, but it will definitely be factored in.
      Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

Its only been a year but ive been paying on a monthly bases on time . doesnt that show that im tring to fix the problem.Its not like chapter 7 bankruptcy that i dont pay at all.

Comment

I am not an expert, but it sounds like it may be a problem. Competition is very VERY fierce down here.
          In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Here that would count you out. Most Florida agencies will pass you over to take somebody without the BK on their record UNLESS you did it as a college student who are STUPID about how important credit is.

You would not beleive how many veteran cops have filed but that isn't your concren.

Comment

I filed a chapter 7 back in '02, and I got hired with no problem... Its all about how you present it, and yourself. And show what youve done since to show that youve learned from it, to make sure that you wont let your credit slip again...

For example, since my discharge in '02, Ive since been current on my 2 credit cards, and was able to take out a car loan last August. ( havent been late on a single bill )

They saw that as a positive, and looked past the mistakes made by a young kid...

Good luck

Comment

Same situation

Hey. I am in the same situation. I filed chapter 13 a bit less thatn 2 years ago. Ive ade it all the way to my psych, even though I dont think that I passed it... But hey I made it that far to where the chief said if I passed the med and psych I had a job. So yes I def. agree that it's how u position urself on the matter. and how good u talk. U may be able to convince them that just because u got in a bad situation, it doesnt mean that you would not make a good cop. just keep trying and trying. U'll get in somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by TOPCOP84
                  Hey. I am in the same situation. I filed chapter 13 a bit less thatn 2 years ago. Ive ade it all the way to my psych, even though I dont think that I passed it... But hey I made it that far to where the chief said if I passed the med and psych I had a job. So yes I def. agree that it's how u position urself on the matter. and how good u talk. U may be able to convince them that just because u got in a bad situation, it doesnt mean that you would not make a good cop. just keep trying and trying. U'll get in somewhere.
                  Thanks for the hope did you go to a big dept. or a small one by the way good luck to you

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2677 users online. 136 members and 2541 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X