300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditional offer for Air Marshal

Did anyone that applied for Federal Air Marshal get a conditional offer? I was wondering if they gave a conditional offer to anyone that qualified or if they actually made some selections.
    "Thats a pretty cool sidearm you got there....What is it?"
    "I don't know what its called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a mans life"

Air Marshal Conditional offer of employment

Yes, I just received a conditional offer of employment today.. They said they would be in contact by email. I'm wondering the same thing, did they just send out alot of emails to those who qualified or are there decisions being made?

Comment

Originally posted by DPD2434
      Yes, I just received a conditional offer of employment today.. They said they would be in contact by email. I'm wondering the same thing, did they just send out alot of emails to those who qualified or are there decisions being made?

Let me know if you hear anything further
      "I don't know what its called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a mans life"

Comment

I received the same "conditional offer" email today. I have to expect that they sent them out to alot of people.

Comment

Conditional Officer

I also got a conditional offer today via email. I'm not getting too excited about it since they can pick only the top candidates from everyone who has been processed or depending on Veteran status or other affirmative action issues you may not get picked up.

However, I am positive since it shows they are serious about hiring people. I would think we should hear about interviews soon and they may put the interview and psychological together in one trip. I know they want the first group to start training on August 22 and it is rapidly approaching. I'll submit another post if I get contacted again.

Take Care,
          Steve

Comment

"You should not make any changes in your residence or terminate any current employment unless or until you receive a definitive reporting date and reporting instructions"

"Therefore, FAMS makes more conditional offers to applicants than the number of positions currently available, thus maintaining an inventory of candidates from which to draw as additional vacancies arise. If the number of cleared applicants exceeds the number of positions to be filled, FAMS will select those whom it considers most competitive, in accordance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, including veteran preference."

It seems that they went through the applications and sent a "Conditional Offer of Employment" to everyone that met the minimum qualifications. It basically means that you are still in the running, but the whole process is ahead of you.

Good luck to everyone.
            No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

You still have to be interviewed, medical, get a TS clearance and all that good stuff. And believe me. Interviews, medical, and clearance cut kills alot of propects. I saw it firsthand.

Former Federal Air Marshal

"When you care enough, you send the very best" UNITED STATES MARINES!

Comment

Also got my conditional offer

Originally posted by COBRA29
                You still have to be interviewed, medical, get a TS clearance and all that good stuff. And believe me. Interviews, medical, and clearance cut kills alot of propects. I saw it firsthand.

Former Federal Air Marshal

"When you care enough, you send the very best" UNITED STATES MARINES!
                I also got my conditional offer through email, and then emails from them to fax in signed medical documents.

I already have my TS clearance, and not worried about the medical. But tell me what the interview is like. Is it similar to regular Police Officer interviews and questions?

Comment

Originally posted by FemaleFed
                  I also got my conditional offer through email, and then emails from them to fax in signed medical documents.

I already have my TS clearance, and not worried about the medical. But tell me what the interview is like. Is it similar to regular Police Officer interviews and questions?

The medical documents they wanted...were they the authorization to release
                  medical information or were they something else? Also I wonder if a medical that I just took three days ago for Border Patrol could be used for the medical?

Comment

Got mine too. They just want the release forms so that they can obtain medical and background info.

-web
                    "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by webjeep
                      Got mine too. They just want the release forms so that they can obtain medical and background info.

-web
                      I see...I mailed mine in when I originally applied.....the process was kind of confusing because I thought they wanted the forms when you applied....good luck to all of you and keep me posted....I'll let you know if I hear anything as well.

Comment

Originally posted by FemaleFed

They may might transfer your clearance, but it depends on who issued it to you. The interview, when I went through it, consisted of a board. Three individuals. They asked alot of "what if's?" to see how one might react under pressure and alot of questions regarding my law enforcement background. I think they were trying to guage how serious one takes the job. They told me they judge everything, your punctuality, appearance, composure, the way you look at them and speak.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6045 users online. 362 members and 5683 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X