NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passed FL. State Exam!! Now to apply..Broward County?.....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMD, PBSO is IMHO the best agency to work for, but I am a little biased. BSO has its share of problems, which ftlaudcop can give you better insight to. My major beef with them is the sheriff is a moron who does not back his deputies. They have a micro-management system that is worse than anyplace I have seen, and they are one of the very few agencies that still work a regular 8 hour day five days a week. There are many other agencies that pay more, have the same an/or better bennies, better schedules, and less BS. Just my $.02
    In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

I don't work for them, but check out Pembroke Pines. They are down 12 I think and they have a unbelievable contract.

Comment

So how was that Florida state exam ? I will be taking it on December 14 in DeLand I think.
        "Hey handsome...catch any speeders today" ???

Comment

Originally posted by WCJC 30339
          So how was that Florida state exam ? I will be taking it on December 14 in DeLand I think.

Long....it took me about 3 hours to complete. Just read every question through and don't rush.
          Revenge is for the weak minded individual!

Comment

First Congrats On Passing The State Exam. Secondly Stay Away From "b.s.o.". I Worked For For Bso For 2 1/2 Yrs After Being A Cop Up North For 5 Yrs. As Far As I'm Concerned "bso" Also Stands For Bull S**** Organization". It's Not The Deputies/detectives That Made It A Bad Place To Be A Cop, It Was The Sheriff And His "upper Command". The Deputies/detectives Were The Hardiest Working People I've Ever Worked With In Law Enforcement. For Me I Got To The Point B/c I Knew What Was Going On Enternally, That I Was Embarrassed To Wear The Uniform. From "powertrac" (surprise, Surprise That's Gone.) To One Day A Guy Being A Deputy And The Next Day He's A Captian. I Don't Think Any Of The Municipalities Really Respected Anyone With Rank B/c Of That.
            If You Want To Stay In The County Look At Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood, Pembroke Pines, Miramar And I Hear Pompano Wants It's P.d. Back. If You Want A Good S.o., Look At Palm Beach Sheriff's Office. Good Luck And You've Been Warned. P.s.-the Day I Turned My Stuff Into Central Supply Around 1 Pm That Day. There Was One Guy Turning His Stuff In A Head Of Me And The Lady At The Desk Said I Was The 4th One That Day. "that Day" Was A Tuesday Or Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by 3RDGENCOP
              First Congrats On Passing The State Exam. Secondly Stay Away From "b.s.o.". I Worked For For Bso For 2 1/2 Yrs After Being A Cop Up North For 5 Yrs. As Far As I'm Concerned "bso" Also Stands For Bull S**** Organization". It's Not The Deputies/detectives That Made It A Bad Place To Be A Cop, It Was The Sheriff And His "upper Command". The Deputies/detectives Were The Hardiest Working People I've Ever Worked With In Law Enforcement. For Me I Got To The Point B/c I Knew What Was Going On Enternally, That I Was Embarrassed To Wear The Uniform. From "powertrac" (surprise, Surprise That's Gone.) To One Day A Guy Being A Deputy And The Next Day He's A Captian. I Don't Think Any Of The Municipalities Really Respected Anyone With Rank B/c Of That.
              If You Want To Stay In The County Look At Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood, Pembroke Pines, Miramar And I Hear Pompano Wants It's P.d. Back. If You Want A Good S.o., Look At Palm Beach Sheriff's Office. Good Luck And You've Been Warned. P.s.-the Day I Turned My Stuff Into Central Supply Around 1 Pm That Day. There Was One Guy Turning His Stuff In A Head Of Me And The Lady At The Desk Said I Was The 4th One That Day. "that Day" Was A Tuesday Or Wednesday.
              I saw a few months ago that the Hollywood PD was aggressively recruiting and I thought about applying, is it a good agency?

Comment

Hollywood is a good agency from what I hear from some friends who work there. Very intense physical training for new officers, and they still have the reputation for not taking **** on the street.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Good job on the test,
                  I retired from B.S.O. as a sergeant last year after 20 yrs. I was given alot of oppertunities. During my time lots of great times and some adversities. I have worked with and around the finest wearing the badge and yes this includes Ft. Laud P.D. I know for a fact that B.S.O. hires 1 out of 65 applicants. The process is tough as is with other agencies, if you are looking for a good agency B.S.O. Ft.Laud will give you the most exposure to lots of bad guys. if it is the money Coral Springs has the best contract in the county. Pembroke Pines next.

Well good luck and Fare thee well to "POWERTRAC" (you know I could never remember what that stood for)

Comment

POWERTRAC will be coming back in one form or another, though likely less of a gauntlet than in the past.

If you talk to 100 people from any agency, at least half will have complaints about their department. Take it all with a grain of salt. I personally have no beef with BSO. All the bureaucracy is the price of admission, in my opinion. It's the largest agency in the county with an elected official at the helm. What do you expect?

There are a lot of good agencies in Broward, but my advice would be to do ride-alongs at the ones you have interest in.
                    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by 3RDGENCOP
                      i just want to point out that each word is capitalized...that made for some interesting reading...

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, I'm going to shop around. I'm also looking at Pasco county and Pinellas county if anyone knows anything about them.
                        Revenge is for the weak minded individual!

Comment

Well:

Originally posted by sflcop
                          ftlaudcop... you said it best. It amazes me some of the people you guys hire. I have seen people with NO experience get hired over laterals. I have seen people with no experience who are dumb as rocks get hired, while other people with no experience that at least have some brains not get hired. BSO does things a little backassed... IMHO.
                          I can understand what you're saying. I recently got on with the Brevard County Sheriff's Office as a correction's officer trainee. The first day I was there my Fto was off so I just spent the day hanging out with another shift to spend the day. A guy that was a technician upstairs said he applied to be a Co or Co trainee most likely but was told he didn't have enough "life experience". He was sore about and all that day basically moaned and complained about it, in my opinion I don't think it was a bad choice for them not to hire him. I enjoy my job incredibly and strive to follow my Fto's teaching who is a good man and good instructor, doesn't Bs me and tells it like it is.
                          - He took an aggressive stance with clenched fists. I then issued a short burst of my chemical agent.

Comment

bso

Do not go to BSO. There administration is horrible and if you like being micro managed than be my guest. The best department is Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, and Miramar

Comment

I have a friend that works in the recruiting and human resource department at BSO. They've put a freeze on their hiring (probably because of all the mess with the command staff), and won't be hiring until January.

Comment

Originally posted by Cop4Life
                                I have a friend that works in the recruiting and human resource department at BSO. They've put a freeze on their hiring (probably because of all the mess with the command staff), and won't be hiring until January.
                                I would be interested to see if this is true. I have a friend in upper admin who says he knows nothing about this.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3608 users online. 241 members and 3367 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X