Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passed FL. State Exam!! Now to apply..Broward County?.....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed FL. State Exam!! Now to apply..Broward County?.....

I Just found out that I passed my exam and will be applying now. I was thinking about applying for Broward County SO and wanted to find out if anyone is from that agency or knows about it. What are the odds of getting hired there vs. amount of people that apply.

Any kind of help/advice would be good.

Topher
    Revenge is for the weak minded individual!

well you passed the test....thats cool.....
    your competing with guys that are from nypd.....with experience
    .............................guys that work the jail.....who have paid their dues
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,certified guys from fla from other agencies
    with a proven track record, and experience.
    and last,,,,,19 yr & 20 yr old hamburger flippers, who bso seems to
    take a chance in hiring rather than the above.

your chance: flip a coin thats the best answer....
    I been here 22 yrs and it still boggles my mind , how and why they do stuff
    in the employment, promotion and every sub catagory.
    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Originally posted by ftlaudcop
      well you passed the test....thats cool.....
      your competing with guys that are from nypd.....with experience
      .............................guys that work the jail.....who have paid their dues
      ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,certified guys from fla from other agencies
      with a proven track record, and experience.
      and last,,,,,19 yr & 20 yr old hamburger flippers, who bso seems to
      take a chance in hiring rather than the above.

your chance: flip a coin thats the best answer....
      I been here 22 yrs and it still boggles my mind , how and why they do stuff
      in the employment, promotion and every sub catagory.
      ftlaudcop... you said it best. It amazes me some of the people you guys hire. I have seen people with NO experience get hired over laterals. I have seen people with no experience who are dumb as rocks get hired, while other people with no experience that at least have some brains not get hired. BSO does things a little backassed... IMHO.
      In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Well I do not have any experience that's for sure, but I am bi-lingual and a female, so I'm hoping that will bump me up a notch.

Comment

Originally posted by topher1301
          Well I do not have any experience that's for sure, but I am bi-lingual and a female, so I'm hoping that will bump me up a notch.
          if you were black, they'd hire you in a second.

Comment

I'll put in a good word for ya, we have a huge 1000 bed female jail
            up in pompano beach...and get ya tuesdays and thursdays off....

Comment

Well I'm headed down there next week to do the prelim testing ie: swim test and physical agility tests.

Hopefully I'll be posting my progress at attempting to get hired with BCSO!!

Comment

Im in the process w/ Ft Lauderdale PD. Looking to enter the september academy at BCC. Its looking good - for now. Im not counting mu chickens before they hatch though.

Topher: The swim test and agility test are not bad at all if you are in decent shape. Wear an undershirt that fits tight (or a dry fit shirt) and running pants for the swim. It will help alot. I accidentally wore Cargo pants and the last 10 yrds were beginning to get very rough.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikis
                  Im in the process w/ Ft Lauderdale PD. Looking to enter the september academy at BCC. Its looking good - for now. Im not counting mu chickens before they hatch though.

Topher: The swim test and agility test are not bad at all if you are in decent shape. Wear an undershirt that fits tight (or a dry fit shirt) and running pants for the swim. It will help alot. I accidentally wore Cargo pants and the last 10 yrds were beginning to get very rough.

Mikis
                  Good luck with the academy......

Thanks for the heads up on the swim test!

Comment

topher, it is BSO, not BCSO How did you take the state exam without doing the prelim testing first? My understanding is you have to complete the academy to take the state exam, and you have to do the prelim testing to enter the academy. What academy did you go to? Why BSO, there are so many other agencies out there...

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

I went to the academy here in Tampa, FL. Hillsborough Community College.
                      I want to move to the East coast and I've been to Lauderdale and West Palm a bunch of times and I just like the area. I've heard good things about BSO.

I'm also applying at Ft.Lauderdale.

Comment

well if you heard good things.....? please enlighten me.....!!!!!

i been on this roller coaster for a long, long time........

all the good things ended in jan 93 when sheriff nick navarro

left office, and we got this retired chief from ft lauderdale who

dragged the agency down, where ya have 50 people a month quitting

either civillian or sworn, this a gency is at times like the battle ship

bismarck, but you know what happend to that.....!!!!

come on down, apply.....don't say you were not warned.

Comment

I still would like to come down, if it's meant to be for me to be there then it will happen. If not, there are other agencies.

Thanks for the heads up!!

Comment

ftlaud, the more I read your posts, the more I like ya.

Topher... I think anyone should apply at multiple agencies and take what is offered to them, but there are agencies in this area that are much better than BSO. Especially when it comes to pay, bennies, schedule etc. PM me if you want some more info. If you have your heart set on BSO, so be it. I used to have my heart set on them, until I found out more about them. Ever thought about PBSO?

Comment

Ok....you guys are starting to scare me. I have been looking at all of the agencies you guys are talking about (BSO, PBSO, FLPD). Is it really that bad down there? What are the major problems? Are the problems really any different than what you would find anywhere else? From the research I have done online they all seem to be pretty descent places to work....am I wrong? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
                              Last edited by emd1077; 08-04-2005, 02:09 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5467 users online. 292 members and 5175 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X