Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard they ask you questions like " what if you pulled over someone who was speeding and it ended up being your mom what would you do?"
    What do you say to those type of questions I mean its obvious the moral thing would to give her a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabeacpop
      What ae some good general questions to ask, and ones to avoid?

I would ask something along the lines of

"What is one piece of advice you could give me as I go through the hiring process" ?

Or "What is your favorite aspect of the police work" ?

I wouldnt say, Have you ever shot anyone? L

Comment

I had my Oral Boards with Ft Lauderdale last month. It went well. Just relax and treat it as a conversation (because that's all it really is). Wear a suit and get there early

Comment

Originally posted by wannabeacpop
          What ae some good general questions to ask, and ones to avoid?
          At the end, when they usually ask you if you have any questions or anything to add, maybe ask them how many officers they are looking to hire. Be sure to thank them for giving you the opportunity to be interviewed and you hope to hear from the department in the future.

Good luck!

Comment

I owe you an apology McPhin, when I noticed you were the last guy to post I thought you were trying to sell your book to this guy. I clicked on here intending to give you a hard time. I see that you gave him some "no price" good advice.

Looks like I'm the *** and you have the class on this one.
            Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop
              I owe you an apology McPhin, when I noticed you were the last guy to post I thought you were trying to sell your book to this guy. I clicked on here intending to give you a hard time. I see that you gave him some "no price" good advice.
              NP... I enjoy giving the advice if it helps. I've had the book for over two years, never advertised it. Until I added more pages and updated it and an applicant at our department mentioned in their boards when we asked "what have you done to prepare yourself for a career in law enforcement?" One part of their response was "I belong to a police forum and got great information from there." I have no idea what forum though or site. That is when I asked about being able to sell it. Once I found out, I didn't bring it up.

I made my extra spending cash from the custom Road Champs police cars we made as Signal-1 Customs. That gave me the most pleasure.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2925 users online. 141 members and 2784 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X