300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psych tests...written and oral

I'm pretty far in the application process for the local PD and the Sergeant says that all I have left is to pass my psych test. I'm a little confused as to what this test measures exactly. Are they just trying to make sure you're not crazy? Checking temperment? What are the questions like? If anyone who's taken this test could share their experience, it might help me get a better idea of what it's all about.
    Never second guess your own common sense.

The tests vary from one department to another but for the most part they ask the same questions. Anywhere from 300 to 1500 questions, google MMPI2 and that will help you out alot.

They are not trying to see if you are crazy, just if you fit into what they are looking for. I failed my 1st psych test for one department and passed for 2 others and i start the academy on Monday. Hope this helps you out some.

Comment

MMPI requires a full night sleep. Basically it is the same 10 questions written 10 different ways. Do you love your mother, do you want to be a flourist, etc.
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

think of it more as a "personality assessment" as opposed to a psych test to see if you're crazy.

Comment

So do I want to be a flourist?

No, I want to be a cop...

What are you supoes to put for thoes questions? Haha, I never got that. I failed one and passed another one of these things. I still don't get what I'm supoes to put down.
          "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5360 users online. 296 members and 5064 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X