300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• career info for georgia state patrol

I am looking for more info on GEORGIA STATE PATROL. I have reviewed thier website,which is not a very friendly website, and they don't give a lot of info. Just wondering if anyone had more on them or has been through the academy.How long does it take? Do they start off as patrolmen? How 'tough' can it be to get in? What are some things that could help me get on? Any info would help.

Originally posted by DARRELL_LEE2000
    I am looking for more info on GEORGIA STATE PATROL. I have reviewed thier website,which is not a very friendly website, and they don't give a lot of info. Just wondering if anyone had more on them or has been through the academy.How long does it take? Do they start off as patrolmen? How 'tough' can it be to get in? What are some things that could help me get on? Any info would help.

From what I hear, its pretty competitive. Dont know about the academy. Either way they arent hiring right now(last I heard)

Comment

Originally posted by FutureLE
      From what I hear, its pretty competitive. Dont know about the academy. Either way they arent hiring right now(last I heard)
      Is it hard to get on.

Comment

Actually they are hiring right now. They are giving the Trooper test starting August 4th and will be continually giving the test through September to start filling Trooper schools the beginning of next year. Check the Jobsite.org. Trooper school is about three months at Forsyth and three months F.T.O. before actually graduating and becoming a full fledged Trooper. It is competitive even though I don't know why at 31K to start. Almost all local agencies in the Atlanta area start more than a Trooper. GSP likes college graduates with at least an associates degree. Clean background and a clean credit history in addition is a good start to get in the door. Academy is run like a military boot camp and from those that I know have gone through it, say its pretty tough.
        God created some police officers perfect, the rest he put in cars.

Comment

Originally posted by FPS1588
          Actually they are hiring right now. They are giving the Trooper test starting August 4th and will be continually giving the test through September to start filling Trooper schools the beginning of next year. Check the Jobsite.org. Trooper school is about three months at Forsyth and three months F.T.O. before actually graduating and becoming a full fledged Trooper. It is competitive even though I don't know why at 31K to start. Almost all local agencies in the Atlanta area start more than a Trooper. GSP likes college graduates with at least an associates degree. Clean background and a clean credit history in addition is a good start to get in the door. Academy is run like a military boot camp and from those that I know have gone through it, say its pretty tough.
          Ok thank you for that.

Comment

Originally posted by FPS1588
            Actually they are hiring right now.

My fault, I see now that they are hiring. 31K is pretty low, I wonder how quickly it goes up with experience. One benefit I like, you get a take home car.

Comment

My fault, I see now that they are hiring. 31K is pretty low, I wonder how quickly it goes up with experience. One benefit I like, you get a take home car.
              Salary has a progression but prior LEO experience has no bearing on GSP. Take home car is nice, however in the Metro Atlanta area, you can work for most County and City agencies and get a take home car, and most pay more than GSP. So being a Trooper is all about status and respect. An officer with my old department is a K-9 handler, has a take home car, makes over 35K and just accepted a Trooper job to take a cut in pay down to 31K, go through training for 6 months, and then he can end up anywhere in the State.
              God created some police officers perfect, the rest he put in cars.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6754 users online. 350 members and 6404 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X