300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key West, FL PD

Any comments? Good bad? Pros cons? I'm aware of the high cost of living. I'm heading down there soon I think. Thanks

If you're not FDLE certified you'll have to put yourself through the academy for Key West. The chief gets so many inquiries from "snow birds" who can't take the cold weather and want to run to Key West thinking it's going to be law enforcement in paradise that he's got a canned reply that he sends out.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0
      If you're not FDLE certified you'll have to put yourself through the academy for Key West. The chief gets so many inquiries from "snow birds" who can't take the cold weather and want to run to Key West thinking it's going to be law enforcement in paradise that he's got a canned reply that he sends out.
      I'm in the academy now. Been down there a few times, spoke with some PO's. They seem to enjoy it...

Comment

Cons? Cost of living vs what they pay...
        It is not the critic who counts...

Comment

Take a look at the turnover at KWPD. Very high. Why? $35K/year won't get you a roof over your head within an hour's drive of KW. Most live in the upper Keys and commute to work an hour each way on U.S. 1 - something that isn't very enjoyable - especially during season.

Better have some money in the bank if you go there - just some advice. The job may be great but I have seen several friends come and go from there.

Great place to visit, just couldn't imagine living there.

Comment

To reiterate what Jelly said. The cost of living there is unreal. Good luck finding a piece of real estate you can afford on any of the keys with that salary. Just remember the

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5725 users online. 327 members and 5398 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X