300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia

Anyone know any information about the Savannah Police Dept.in Georgia. Pay scale, schedule, # of officers, benefits, take home policy, and morale. Any info on the area itself...busy not busy, nice to raise a family and the people in general.

Savannah is a great city to visit, but I wouldn't want to live in the city limits. It's a good place to get robbed. The cops don't make much money either.

http://www.policepay.net/savannah/wage.htm

http://www.policepay.net/savannah/summary.htm

On the plus side, their department has a good reputation and is staffed by good people. You'll get alot of experience in a short time if you sign on with them.

Comment

Originally posted by jersey158
      Anyone know any information about the Savannah Police Dept.in Georgia. Pay scale, schedule, # of officers, benefits, take home policy, and morale. Any info on the area itself...busy not busy, nice to raise a family and the people in general.
      Savannah Police merged with the county police a couple of years ago and the pay is low, between 25k to 30K. I don't know their schedule, but last I heard it was 5 eights. They have about 500 officers, retirement isn't too bad, the city businesses take care of the officers, quite a bit off duty work, no take home cars at this time. Very busy area and most people live on the out skirts of Chatham county or in the neighboring counties which is semi rural.
      God created some police officers perfect, the rest he put in cars.

Comment

Originally posted by FPS1588
        Savannah Police merged with the county police a couple of years ago and the pay is low, between 25k to 30K. I don't know their schedule, but last I heard it was 5 eights. They have about 500 officers, retirement isn't too bad, the city businesses take care of the officers, quite a bit off duty work, no take home cars at this time. Very busy area and most people live on the out skirts of Chatham county or in the neighboring counties which is semi rural.

My neighbor works for them. The starting pay is around 30K. Housing is reasonable here. Most people live on the outskirts as FPS1588 stated. Take home cars are permitted, though you have to sign on the list and be off probation. Savannah-Chatham metro is a good department. I work with many of them and they have all been very professional. Heads up - you can get better housing in the atlanta metro area for the same price as they have here.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4341 users online. 292 members and 4049 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X