Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas, TX Reserves

Folks,

Want to know if anyone has experience working as or with Dallas PD reserves? I am interested in joining.

Thanks.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!"

If you are already certified don't do it.

You MUST go to their academy...nights for about a year.....

Grand Praire and Carrollton have good reserve programs.
    Last edited by wfriedman; 07-29-2005, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Not yet

I'm not certified.

Am interested to know if DPD reserves have off-duty authority and carry status. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I'd like to know how the reserves and paid officers get along. I am a volunteer firefighter and my Asst. chief is a Dallas Sr. Cpl. He says they get along fine but admits that he doesn't really work with reserves.

If anyone's gone through their academy, can you tell me how it was?

Thanks all.
      Homer Simpson: "I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!"

Comment

TCLEOSE guidelines permit reserves to carry off duty. However, DPD general orders forbid their reserves to carry off duty.

Comment

Sure?

Originally posted by cwillis0001
          TCLEOSE guidelines permit reserves to carry off duty. However, DPD general orders forbid their reserves to carry off duty.
          Sorry, but it says your in DC. How do you know this to be true?

Comment

Originally posted by delvallef
            Sorry, but it says your in DC. How do you know this to be true?
            I lived in dallas 22 years before i moved here. My friend from high school is a DPD officer.

Comment

Ah

Originally posted by cwillis0001
              I lived in dallas 22 years before i moved here. My friend from high school is a DPD officer.
              Gotcha. Thanks for the response, I appreciate you and everyone taking the time to help me out.

Frank

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5342 users online. 298 members and 5044 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X