300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Tacoma,WA PD

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge/experience with being a Police Officer for Tacoma, WA PD? I would also like thoughts on the city, such as crime rate, and the size of the PD. One last thing, does anyone know if they accept out of state lateral transfers with 6 years experience, 2 as a detective? Thank you all for your help and stay safe!

Originally posted by kidscop
    Does anyone have any first hand knowledge/experience with being a Police Officer for Tacoma, WA PD? I would also like thoughts on the city, such as crime rate, and the size of the PD. One last thing, does anyone know if they accept out of state lateral transfers with 6 years experience, 2 as a detective? Thank you all for your help and stay safe!
    I'm not an LEO....

Anyone??? I'm looking for some insight too! I've taken both the written and physical over the past 2 weeks and I am scheduled on the 30th for an Oral Board. I'm ranked 12 on the eligibilty list. The only information I have is they are planning on hiring 17 new officers and authorization to hiring an additional 10 on top of the 17. They have room for 1-3 spots on every academy every month until March 06 when they will have 30 seats available.

Hope that helps. Anyone else with additional insight would be great!

Comment

Well I'm not a LEO, not yet anyway, but lived in the Tacoma Wa area for several years. Housing prices are starting to rise pretty quickly, as high as Ca in some areas. Parts of town are downright dangerous at night, there is a healthly drug presence/gang presence. There are parts of town that are quite nice also. It rains almost 300 days a year, that's why I left. Every officer I've ever met has been very professional. Good luck to you. John

Comment

I have a friend whos on the Department and he loves it. He works in the Hilltop area which is where all the gangbangers are. In that area you have a partner and tend to go hands on a lot. Hope this helps and good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4374 users online. 275 members and 4099 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X