300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eligibility List

I just recieved another letter from the agency that I'm applying to, stating that I've been placed on the eligibility list, which is valid for six months...pretty standard from what I've read. The letter didn't state my exact position on the list but did say that I was ranked as "highly qualified" out of rankings of qualified, well qualified, and highly qualified. My question is, do you think I have any chance of getting this position, or will I be sitting on the list until it expires? I've already passed my poly and everything else except the psych, which I haven't been scheduled for.
    Never second guess your own common sense.

Well, it sounds like you are in the top third of candidates. It depends on how many applied, and how many are going to be hired. Why don't you just call and ask, unless they specifically told you not to. Then you just have to sit and wait.

Comment

I thought about calling the sergeant since I do have his cell phone number, but I didn't know if that info was confidential or if I would be considered overzealous. I know that there were about 60 applicants at my PAT and about 40 went on to the written exam. At the PAT he said they were looking to hire about 3 or 4 new officers. I'm not sure how many passed the written, but even if half failed I'm still in a 20 applicant pool for 4 spots. The sergeant said that he really likes me and that he can't find any flaws. I don't know if this carries a lot of weight, but I hope so. He seems to be the one running the hiring process. I like to think that things are looking good, but I also don't want to get my hopes up prematurely.
      Never second guess your own common sense.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10823 users online. 375 members and 10448 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X