300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona Beach Florida, Anyone?

Just wondering if there is anyone that works for or has worked for, or KNOWS someone that has worked for Daytona. They are hiring now. The department has had some issues as far as freezes and all, but I called down there and they seem to have stuff straightened out.
    Any comments, let me know.
    Thanks!
    "Living may not be free, but thank God we are free to live"

I went to the academy with some Daytona cops. I can tell you they pay a high percentage into their retirement compared to a few other departments. Also Volusia county has the highest gas sales tax compared to other counties.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Gas...

Yeah, my mom and dad moved up there, I can't believe the price of gas myself. As for the pay-ins, I'm finding a lot out about all the Florida department. As much as 8% into the pension, then anywhere from $200-$300 for meds. That's a lot out of a paycheck. I did see where they raised their pay though...$31,000 to start, top $48,000. It still doesn't keep up with the cost of housing, but it's a start.
      "Living may not be free, but thank God we are free to live"

Comment

If you want a good active department, DB would be the department to go to. They do have take homes but the high percentage of retirement turns alot of people off. Officers make alot of OT working the different functions within the city.

As far as other Volusia co. pd's, Id suggest looking around. Dayotna Beach Shores is a public saftey department (cops do FF/emt thing also) but they pay really well. There is also Holly Hill, Ponce Inlet, Ormond Beach, South Daytona, Edgewater, Oak Hill, Port Orange, Orange City and Deland pd's within the county. There is also the county DOC and Volusia SO.

I would personally stay away from Deland as its a quite little town. Deltona is patrolled by the SO and get nailed during the hurricanes last year.

If your looking for a good department, Id suggest the Flager County sheriff's office. The area is growing leaps and bounds and I have never really ever heard anything negative about the department.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

As far as gas goes, if you fuel up in Orange County you'll save about 20-50 cents a gallon.

I was down in FL for various recruitment phases with the OCSO - I have a 2nd home in Daytona Beach. I'd always fuel up at the Hess station off of I-4 in Winter Park before heading back to Volusia County.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2863 users online. 184 members and 2679 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X