300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by formerNOPD
    This one is a little more, but you get the idea.
    http://www.realtor.com/Prop/1053144276

yep... my old home town...
    good ol' summerville...
    i loved it there.

Comment

I live in Myrtle Beach and have also looked into Charleston. They do have the best pay but require a bachelors. I called and spoke with the human resources and they say it is a must due to the salary being so high. I could not disagree more with police agencies making that a requirement. Of course I guess a 23 year old (same age) with a bachelors degree in quilt making or boat design has more street experience and l.e. knowledge than me.
      Marine Infantry - Taking out the trash one country at a time.

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are."

"Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

Comment

Originally posted by MarineGrunt
        I live in Myrtle Beach and have also looked into Charleston. They do have the best pay but require a bachelors. I called and spoke with the human resources and they say it is a must due to the salary being so high. I could not disagree more with police agencies making that a requirement. Of course I guess a 23 year old (same age) with a bachelors degree in quilt making or boat design has more street experience and l.e. knowledge than me.
        College degrees have nothing to do with street experience and PDs know this. That's not why they want people with degrees.

Have you looked into MBPD at all, since you live right there in Myrtle Beach and all. Seems to be a pretty good department...
        Last edited by EMTFirefighter; 01-11-2006, 10:04 PM.

Comment

yes i am enrolled in their citizens academy to start monday the 16th. As soon as they begin hiring in Feb or Mar I will be the first one in the door with an application. I know a few officers so I should get a couple good references in the force.

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are."

Comment

Does anyone know how there payscale works? It says that with prior experience and a bachelors the salary goes to 44k? Is that what it maxes at or is that the highest starting pay?
            "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't."

Comment

that is the max starting salary. most payscales in SC end around 60-70k

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8691 users online. 351 members and 8340 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X