300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottsdale, AZ: The call just came

I'm in!!!! Unbelievable. Just got the call a couple minutes ago.

For a review of the process, here's my initial link:
    http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30761

Scottsdale has a program where you begin two weeks before the Academy, I'm assuming mostly to do lots of PT

They assigned me to the MCSO Academy that begins Aug. 29th. Not sure why they chose that over ALEA, but it is four 10s rather than five 8s, so that's probably way.

Anyway, just wanted to share my excitement.
    d

Thumbs up, congrats, the fun has yet to begin!!
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Congrats, good luck and study hard.

Comment

Congrats and good luck to you!
        Caught in the action of kill or be killed, greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for his brother.

RIP brother and sister officers who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

Comment

Super congrats!!!!
          good luck... i sure hope to be in your shoes come tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks for all the well wishes. Seems likes it's been an arduous three months, but I'm really happy to have gotten hired on. It was the only department I applied to.
            d

Comment

Great job brotha!!!

I am hoping to go to ALEA next spring, it sounds like a blast. I wonder why they are having you go to MCSO instead of ALEA? The good news is that you have a three day weekend every day! Sweet!!!!!

Do me a favor and check in once in a while to keep us informed.

Best of luck, stay safe and cool, and most of all enjoy all the trim in Scottsdale you lucky bastard!!!!!!

Comment

They use both, but I understand they chose MCSO because of the four 10s. Gets you used to working that schedule.
                d

Comment

Good luck in the academy. I have a cousin that works for Scottsdale and he has been loving it since he got the job. Have fun.

Comment

Congrats! I'll see you at the academy. Just got the word this morning myself from MCSO that I'm in. Starting the 29th as well. Great feeling of relief and anticipation isn't it?

How about a study group?

Comment

Congrats, welcome to AZ law enforcment...I consider MCSO academy better than ALEA...They teach more about common sense and survival to deputies..It is longer I believe , they do more shooting..and they stress one thing ALEA doesnt..and that is brotherhood, which in this state, we need very bad...Good Luck

Comment

Sean: Look forward to meeting you. Me: 6'2", 180 pounds, white, shaved head.

Azinv: Thank you. Good information. I'm unfamiliar with that Academy (I was completely expecting to go to ALEA), so any other info you can provide would be much appreciated.
                        d

Comment

MCSO is always hiring deputies, I dont know how often they run classes though...ALEA is so overcrowded valley agencies are starting to fan out...Some people for Scottsdale I think are going to Mesa PD's academy, I heard of a guy who got hired for Peoria that is going to SLTEC down in Tucson....Agencies need cops now and just cant wait for spots in ALEA to open up anymore....My neighbor is a deputy and he went through MCSO academy and what impressed me the most is that a guy from the Sheriffs office came in and told them "Dont write other cops tickets", and take care of each other..where ALEA they seem to teach new cops to hang each other, which is evident here with alot of agencies in AZ...I had a friend come from Balitmore PD and had to go back through ALEA and had a some bad experiences with instructors there because he was from back East....So I am not an ALEA fan as you can see....I think MCSO and Carlota run a much better program....The academy is important dont get me wrong,,but its not about how fast you can run or how many push ups you can do....Its about how you do this job and how good a cop you are....I went to the academy with some guys that bragged they were in the best shape and they were in the Marines and can do the most push ups...Well guess what out of the academy they turned yellow every time a shots fired call came out or they had to get involved in a physical confrontation....So my advice goto the academy..do a good job, but dont try to stand out by doing the most push ups, sit ups etc..The time to stand out is when you are off FTO and start making your reputation as an officer....That means take bad guys to jail...and believe or not in Scottsdale there are alot of them that drive through....You got hired by an excellent agency...Good luck...You may see me next year if I decide to lateral....

Comment

Could well be a scheduling thing, then. I was told five Scottsdale recruits (including me) are heading to MCSO on 8.29. Oddly, I'm actually from Maryland as well (Eastern Shore), though I've been in Phoenix for seven years. While I am a fit guy, I'm also 37 years old and have my ego pretty well in check; I'll let the young guys be heroes

Thanks again for the info; much appreciated.
                            d

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12959 users online. 508 members and 12451 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X