X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    Originally posted by panzertank1 View Post
    Was at Penn Station today and not too impressed with what I saw from the APD. The armed National Guard Soldier looked high speed though.
    They are there because of the MTA. Amtrak does not want them there and they have NO LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITY.

Leave a comment:

• panzertank1
    replied
    Was at Penn Station today and not too impressed with what I saw from the APD. The armed National Guard Soldier looked high speed though.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I dunno wht is going on with Amtrak right now. I applied to them bout 10-11 years ago, and made it to the final process, and got denied. I went down to see my investigator @ Penn Station and he pulled me in his office for a "chat" He told me I was a great candidate and that my package and blud book looked fine, he said I should not to get discouraged and that the only reason they weren't hiring me was financial. They didnt want to pay for me to go to FLETC, they had a lot of DOD guys in the applicant pool who had been RIF'd. And they could hire them right up. I thanked him for his honesty. About a year later I got on with USPP. When one door closes, another door opens.

Leave a comment:

• ssomike
    replied
    If you go back to the website, go to the class locations section and it'll give you all the locations and hours (and prices too, I believe).

Leave a comment:

• NYSJAILER2008
    replied
    Originally posted by ssomike View Post
    I know of at least one other guy who's on his way over to you guys. as far as NYSCOPBA, at least I finally got my retro so right now I'm pretty happy. Get me a brand new ,current contract and I won't know what to do with myself.As far as the website, it's nothing compared to in person. I actually helped train a C.O. from Oregon.We get people from all over the world just to be able to train for a day. If you can ever make it to a class, you'd be doing yourself a real service.
    I am definately trying to attend a class to get my feet wet in the Arts. Send me a (PM) with the location and hours of operation.

Leave a comment:

• ssomike
    replied
    I know of at least one other guy who's on his way over to you guys. as far as NYSCOPBA, at least I finally got my retro so right now I'm pretty happy. Get me a brand new ,current contract and I won't know what to do with myself.As far as the website, it's nothing compared to in person. I actually helped train a C.O. from Oregon.We get people from all over the world just to be able to train for a day. If you can ever make it to a class, you'd be doing yourself a real service.

Leave a comment:

• NYSJAILER2008
    replied
    Hey SSOMIKE,

Great info, I will look into those styles. Yeah what a Union it is,,,,LOL. Yeah I know OMH are brothers in arms with state corrections, but when it comes down to it we all have to stick together to hopefully get more money and/or beniifits. One of your fellow Officers just jumped ship and joined out ranks, you might have known him or trained him.

Leave a comment:

• NYSJAILER2008
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
    Watching grown men shower for a living is quite a life....though, I am sure you enjoy it......

As for the rest....as I stated....you're a lazy person and want folks to do you research for you. It took me a whooping 4-5 mins to search for all those threads.

Further, if you were really interested in the job.....you should probably get off your *** and go to NYC and talk to folks instead of relying on info here....as you don't know if the folks responding to you are even Amtrak LEOs....

Last think I would want is to get some faulty info......and then pass up a job that might be a lot better than watching grown men play hide the sausague all day.....

When I was looking at the job a few years ago, I got off my *** and went to Union Station in DC.....showed my creds to a couple of on-duty guys...and chatted with them for about 20 mins..... You done that yet...?

Doubtful....because if you had done that, you wouldn't be asking stupid questions like this.....

Have fun kicking cages....as with your attitude you'd never make it on the road......
    I love you to,,,xoxoxoxoxo

Leave a comment:

• ssomike
    replied
    To answer your question NYSJAILER2008, Close-Combat Karate and Ki Chuan Do. If you go to attackproof.com,you can get lost in all the info there. By the way,I don't know if you know this or not, but we're in the same union (not that being in NYSCOPBA is anything to publicize).

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by NYSJAILER2008 View Post
    I have a life ,,,unlike you
    Watching grown men shower for a living is quite a life....though, I am sure you enjoy it......

As for the rest....as I stated....you're a lazy person and want folks to do you research for you. It took me a whooping 4-5 mins to search for all those threads.

Further, if you were really interested in the job.....you should probably get off your *** and go to NYC and talk to folks instead of relying on info here....as you don't know if the folks responding to you are even Amtrak LEOs....

Last think I would want is to get some faulty info......and then pass up a job that might be a lot better than watching grown men play hide the sausague all day.....

When I was looking at the job a few years ago, I got off my *** and went to Union Station in DC.....showed my creds to a couple of on-duty guys...and chatted with them for about 20 mins..... You done that yet...?

Doubtful....because if you had done that, you wouldn't be asking stupid questions like this.....

Have fun kicking cages....as with your attitude you'd never make it on the road......

Leave a comment:

• NYSJAILER2008
    replied
    Whatever....and 40 isn't old there slick...

Nah....just showing folks that you were lazy and didn't search the forums properly....and that this (along with a lot of other topics) have been hashed out in the past....and there is plenty of info out there.....all you got to do is get motivated and get off your *** and look for it....
    I have a life ,,,unlike you,,,,and everybody has already seen you foolishness for claiming to be an 40 year old virgin. So i dont not have all day to surf the web, especially when this is a forum where you can ask dircet questions and get direct answers. So go take your lil blue pill and enjoy a night with your computer and you hand and your trusty lotion

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Far form lazy old -timer
    Whatever....and 40 isn't old there slick...

but I see you are coming around with helping with needed info, the true meaning of this forum, helping others. I dont care what they say about you, you are alright with me.
    Nah....just showing folks that you were lazy and didn't search the forums properly....and that this (along with a lot of other topics) have been hashed out in the past....and there is plenty of info out there.....all you got to do is get motivated and get off your *** and look for it....

Leave a comment:

• NYSJAILER2008
    replied
    Perhaps if you got off your lazy *** and searched the site you would see that there have been numerous threads about this in the past that contain good info......

Took me a whooping 3-4 mins to find the info and post it.....and it contains folks that are on here that haven't posted in your thread but work for Amtrak.....and links to other sites on what other LEOs think about Amtrak.....

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...ghlight=amtrak

Far form lazy old -timer, but I see you are coming around with helping with needed info, the true meaning of this forum, helping others. I dont care what they say about you, you are alright with me.

Leave a comment:

• NYSJAILER2008
    replied
    Hey SSOMIKE

You said you are a Martial Artist. What style do you teach or study?

Leave a comment:

• gbotj
    replied
    yeah, I like to stay in the states area of the forum. Its a smaller group of guys who get along good and answer questions.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3171 users online. 174 members and 2997 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X