Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
    Ummmm.....He is a Amtrak LEO......

I think he wants you to be an adult and type your questions in regular type and not all Caps....and write so he can understand what you are saying....
    Well this is an information forum and if he didnt want to answer the question he should have just not replied. I am an adult and speak perfect english. Typing in capitol letters have nothing to do with reading a question. I already know that some people are willing to help more that others. This forum is about helping fellow officers not attacking them, but i guess some members do not agree. I will be patient and wait for somebody that is not disgruntled for some reason
    CARE, CUSTODY AND CONTROL
    FIRM, FAIR AND CONSISTENT

DOING 25 TO LIFE, 8 HOURS @ A TIME

Comment

what do you want to know about the job?

Comment

Originally posted by APD261 View Post
        what do you want to know about the job?
        Thank you for your reply APD261. I just wanted more insight on the job/career as a whole. I took the test in august 2007 for the penn station location in NYC. Are they state police officers or federal police officers? I keep hearing that Amtrack is a private orgainization.

Comment

Amtrak PD goes to FLETC which is a federal academy...but amtrak is a private company. There are federal laws that can be enforced but more state laws are enforced. Actually most laws that are enforced are state. You are not a federal officer as you are when you work for USSS UD or NSA, but you still go to FLETC so you can call yourself what you want. Penn Station is very busy, being that there is about or suppose to be about 100 P/O's for Amtrak in Penn Station. Money is real good for new people, but all the good work rules were eliminated. It all depends on what you want to do in a cop job. You will deal with a lot of homeless and DK's, also you will deal with a lot of thefts, fare evasions. If you were going to work for Amtrak, Penn Station would be the place to work.

Comment

Originally posted by NYSJAILER2008 View Post
            Well this is an information forum and if he didnt want to answer the question he should have just not replied. I am an adult and speak perfect english. Typing in capitol letters have nothing to do with reading a question. I already know that some people are willing to help more that others. This forum is about helping fellow officers not attacking them, but i guess some members do not agree. I will be patient and wait for somebody that is not disgruntled for some reason
            Yes....this is an information forum and there are folks willing here to help you...

But most want to be able to understand what you are saying (by writing properly like you seem to be doing now....and not in all Caps)......so if that bothers you, then that's on you....and you maybe waiting a while for your info.....

The person you were talking to, along with APD and serveral others are Amtrak LEOs.....

It simply amazes me that folks come on here and demand info....and when folks try to give it to them (after asking them to use more proper English) they get ****y.....

Comment

Amtrak is a private company whose stock is owned by the US Government and whose board of directors are appointed by the president/congress/secretary of the DoT.

Last I heard we are under a hiring freeze.

PSNY is a good place. Besides it wont be long until the MTA cops out number the APD folks there.
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by APD261 View Post
                Amtrak PD goes to FLETC which is a federal academy...but amtrak is a private company. There are federal laws that can be enforced but more state laws are enforced. Actually most laws that are enforced are state. You are not a federal officer as you are when you work for USSS UD or NSA, but you still go to FLETC so you can call yourself what you want. Penn Station is very busy, being that there is about or suppose to be about 100 P/O's for Amtrak in Penn Station. Money is real good for new people, but all the good work rules were eliminated. It all depends on what you want to do in a cop job. You will deal with a lot of homeless and DK's, also you will deal with a lot of thefts, fare evasions. If you were going to work for Amtrak, Penn Station would be the place to work.
                Thank you for the great information. This is what this forum is all about. I appreciate it.

Comment

Yes....this is an information forum and there are folks willing here to help you...

But most want to be able to understand what you are saying (by writing properly like you seem to be doing now....and not in all Caps)......so if that bothers you, then that's on you....and you maybe waiting a while for your info.....

The person you were talking to, along with APD and serveral others are Amtrak LEOs.....

It simply amazes me that folks come on here and demand info....and when folks try to give it to them (after asking them to use more proper English) they get ****y.....
                  You are to most negative person on this forum. I hope you get over your issuses. A fellow officer has given me the needed info. That is what this forum is about, help. Not bashing, attacking or downing fellow officers. My conversation with you is done. No need to reply!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                    Amtrak is a private company whose stock is owned by the US Government and whose board of directors are appointed by the president/congress/secretary of the DoT.

Last I heard we are under a hiring freeze.

PSNY is a good place. Besides it wont be long until the MTA cops out number the APD folks there.
                    Thanks for the info ORLANDOFED5-0. Well hopefully they are not on a hiring freeze in the NYC metro area. They said that i passed the written test and maybe in a year they will start calling. I think i also heard about a new contract, is that agency wide or just for local jurisdictions?

Comment

I've heard that APD has given out tests only to call the individual up for futher processing about 1 year later, and then after processing is done to wait about 6 months before the academy would start. So it looks like you could have a very long wait.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                        I've heard that APD has given out tests only to call the individual up for futher processing about 1 year later, and then after processing is done to wait about 6 months before the academy would start. So it looks like you could have a very long wait.
                        Waiting is ok with me. I took Amtrackpd and TBTA tests. I am willing to wait because i already work for a great agency. But it is always good to keep your options open while you are young, just in case you decide to do something different!!

Comment

thats great. The best thing to do is just get on lists, take the first that calls and leave your options open. If you do get called for further processing but do not wish to continue, keep deferring to later dates rather than quit. If later on you feel like switching you can.

Anyways good luck on everything.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NYSJAILER2008 View Post
                            You are to most negative person on this forum. I hope you get over your issuses. A fellow officer has given me the needed info. That is what this forum is about, help. Not bashing, attacking or downing fellow officers. My conversation with you is done. No need to reply!!!!
                            Perhaps you need to go read most of my other posts slick....I try to help people out here all the time....

The ones I am that I have issues with, are ones like you.....that post on here and expect crap right off the bat....and when folks ask you to clarify yourself (because your typing/spelling was so horrible) you act like we are being mean to you.....

Further...perhaps you should read more.....Amtrak Police did in fact get a new contract quite some time ago.....and that was posted on here...

Search engine on here works great....try using it sometime....

Comment

Perhaps you need to go read most of my other posts slick....I try to help people out here all the time....

The ones I am that I have issues with, are ones like you.....that post on here and expect crap right off the bat....and when folks ask you to clarify yourself (because your typing/spelling was so horrible) you act like we are being mean to you.....

Further...perhaps you should read more.....Amtrak Police did in fact get a new contract quite some time ago.....and that was posted on here...

Search engine on here works great....try using it sometime....
                              I for one have always thought you were quite helpful

Is it just my browser or is his signature HUGE??
                              Dispatch, we have a 9-11, Armed Robbery in progress. Seay's Surplus Store, corner People's Drive and 124th Street.

Comment

Originally posted by fedguy889 View Post
                                I for one have always thought you were quite helpful

Is it just my browser or is his signature HUGE??
                                Thanks....

And yes, it's huge and obnoxious......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4752 users online. 275 members and 4477 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X