Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow I am learning more opinons then I thought I would....interesting...no what happened to hearing information about the NORTH CAROLINA highway patrol? I still also have complete respect for all law enforcement departments....but if you there still needs to be opinons 'clarified'..then go right ahead
    I think girls go after me for my Jeep

Comment

Originally posted by cincinnaticj7
      Wow I am learning more opinons then I thought I would....interesting...no what happened to hearing information about the NORTH CAROLINA highway patrol? I still also have complete respect for all law enforcement departments....but if you there still needs to be opinons 'clarified'..then go right ahead
      well i live less than 10 miles from the VA - NC border... i make frequent trips to north carolina. i cannot think of one trip i have made to NC with out seeing a trooper trying to be sneaky lol. and ive never seen a fat NCHP trooper. the best way to learn about the NCHP is to actually call up the recruiters. good luck, and sorry this thread went off course.
      Last edited by VAsteve20; 07-29-2005, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toughjerseyguy
        "boarder"-- haha, its "border".
        it is
        im an english major can you tell???

Comment

Originally posted by tobyt
          Va Steve You Are Such A Turd. You Dont Even Work In Le And You Talk Like You Do. How About Not Giving Your Wortless Thoughts About Things Until You Put On The Vest. Which I Hope Never Happens.
          darn, my world has just come to an end because of you and your wonderful comments toby... lol you definitely deserve the "troll of the year award"

Comment

state patrol

future LE, u have no clue...u get on here and sound like a complete a%%clown, yet i couldnt imagine why your name is future, and not current LE..good luck bud...

Comment

Ticket Writer

I'm one of those "ticket writers" but for the past few days I haven't been able to write very many...On two stops in two days I arrested 6 people with no back up...Out of those two stops and six arrests I had three DUI's, Seven felony and other various traffic charges...If you think It is boring arresting three convicted felons with cocaine for resale at 10pm on I-75 by yourself and then you find a loaded pistol you are more a man than me...The other stop with three turds was at 3am on a dark county road...You know it's a good stop when you ask for ID and all three stick probation cards out the window....FutureLE not trying to dog you but that was really kind of an uninformed statement....Good luck with your "future" LE career...

The NCSHP North Carolina State Highway Patrol is a good HP they have alot of history and generally have good equipment...The job is like most what you make it...When I get tired of working traffic I'll go on a few calls with the city and the county...I cover three counties sometimes by myself. Also on a HP/SP you will not see your supervisor for a week or more sometimes..I haven't seen mine for two weeks now...It is on you to get to work and work nobody will be there making sure you're doing right until you've done wrong...It takes alot of discipline to do this..I covered midnights thurs night went to court fri morning and then covered midnights on fri night...Never saw another Trooper...Took two to jail for DUI got one of those with meth....

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by nadster011
                future LE, u have no clue...u get on here and sound like a complete a%%clown, yet i couldnt imagine why your name is future, and not current LE..good luck bud...
                You guys are killing me..LOL I simply had an opinion and alot of you guys are all ****ed off now.. Everyone take a minute and relax, I was not trying to start a big arguement, I thought these boards were for discussion and OPINIONS..Guess everyone here is so uptight they cant even imagine someone having there own opinon...but I know for a fact that several people here agree with my statements, so I guess I am not alone.

BTW--I am done responding to stupid quotes like the one above.. If you guys dont like my opinion then sucks for you. My advice is to relax

Comment

Originally posted by Troop2256
                  ....Good luck with your future LE career...

Good luck
                  Thanks Its moving along nicely as we speak

Comment

Originally posted by FutureLE
                    You guys are killing me..LOL I simply had an opinion and alot of you guys are all ****ed off now.. Everyone take a minute and relax, I was not trying to start a big arguement, I thought these boards were for discussion and OPINIONS..Guess everyone here is so uptight they cant even imagine someone having there own opinon...but I know for a fact that several people here agree with my statements, so I guess I am not alone.

BTW--I am done responding to stupid quotes like the one above.. If you guys dont like my opinion then sucks for you. My advice is to relax
                    bro, your the one who asked for clarification. now you think "everyone" is spazing on you, when they are not.

Comment

FutureLE, in reading this thread, I haven't seen a single instance of anyone getting angry or arguing with you. In fact, when you first told TownCop to calm down, I said, "Huh?" and went back over his post looking for anything which would make you think that he was not completely calm. I found nothing. Then others offered polite replies and you became even more defensive.

Seriously, go back over the posts and see if you can put your finger on anything anyone said which indicated that they were "wound a little too tight". Really, I've seen wannabe members get defensive before, but this is a situation where it was entirely unprovoked.
                      Last edited by Entre Nous; 07-30-2005, 04:09 PM.

The Donut Shop : A Cop-Friendly Forum

(Please PM me for faster admittance.)

Comment

NCSHP is a good agency and well respected. I have enjoyed my 2 years on so far. Like someone stated before, it is a very long, thorough, tough academy. The process just to get in the school is tough. As far as what you do on the road as trooper depends on where u are at. I am near the Va border in the NE part of the state and it is very different than being in a place such as Raleigh, Fayetteville, or Charlotte (some of our busiest places). But we do right tickets, take wrecks...etc. I think a Tenn. Trooper gave a good discription...its pretty much how you make it...you can ride and write tickets, take calls, back up your s.o. or p.d, look for drugs, drunks, there is a lot of freedom! Obviously if you dont work someone will get on you but it is what you make of it.
                        "...I'd never let you down, even if I could. I'd give up everything if only for your good..." 3 Doors Down

"Strength is when your body gives out and your heart and your mind take over"

Comment

Lets clear some things up..

I am sorry I misunderstood some of you, I was wrong it thinking you guys were dogging me or whatever you prefer to call it. Having read some of the posts I see there are some other things to State Patrol other than driving citations. Again, I was not trying to say they are great for LE and what they do, just not exactly my cup of tea. Personally I prefer to work in a local environment(City, County PD's) and have a very broad array of possible calls...But to each his own. Hats off to all the State/Highway Patrol, and to all the folks on this thread that I had words with, truce? We are all on the same side here, just sometimes dont see eye to eye--

Comment

I had a few rookie school instructors from the NC Highway Patrol. They had some good stories and said they love their jobs. I know they are short handed and need officers, atleast in my area.
                            Corrs
                            "Oh, pardon me. For some reason you sounded a little taller on radio"

Comment

So does anyone know if I need to be a resident of North Carolina before applying since I live in Cincinnati, Ohio now?
                              I think girls go after me for my Jeep

Comment

Originally posted by cincinnaticj7
                                So does anyone know if I need to be a resident of North Carolina before applying since I live in Cincinnati, Ohio now?
                                I could be mistaken but the rule used to be that you had to live in the State of North Carolina for at least one year prior to applying.
                                Be a leader, not a follower

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3474 users online. 200 members and 3274 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X