300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Carolina State Patrol

I am looking for more information on the NCSP. I have reviewed their website, was just wondering if anyone had any more information on them, like what is the average work week like (hours, days, schedule)? How good/bad are the benefits? How 'tough' can it be to get in? What are some things that could help me out to get on to the NCSP even though I am an out of state resident?
    Thanks,
    Cincinnnaticj7
    I think girls go after me for my Jeep

Originally posted by cincinnaticj7
    I am looking for more information on the NCSP. I have reviewed their website, was just wondering if anyone had any more information on them, like what is the average work week like (hours, days, schedule)? How good/bad are the benefits? How 'tough' can it be to get in? What are some things that could help me out to get on to the NCSP even though I am an out of state resident?
    Thanks,
    Cincinnnaticj7
    ncsp???
    never heard of it...
    if you want to work for them i would atleast try to find out the name of the agency...
    i would be offended
    NCHP... north carolina highway patrol.
    your best bet would be to contact the recruiter... however from what i hear its very difficult to get on with the nchp, and there is actually a user who browses this forum often who is in the application process who may chime in and help out....

Comment

Thanks for the update. I should have been more thorough when looking into the name...the North Carolina Highway Patrol.
      Again..Thanks

Comment

North Carolina Highway Patrol

I'm in their process right now. Send me a PM for more specific questions about the agency. Even if you're out of state, you MUST go to a recruiter in NC for an orientation interview (informal), and then you'll get the application packet (VERY, VERY thorough application I might add ). Once it's done, you MUST return to NC and give the app back to the recruiter that issued it to you.

I was told that they work 12 hour shifts, but each Troop (district) works their own rotation throughout the state for the time being. They're looking at something else as we speak, or so I was told. The pay is not the best, but hey, it's a state agency. Also, I hope you like wearing LONG SLEEVES in the heat, 'cause they wear them year round. Recruiter told me they've worn them since day one and will continue to do so, lol. Any other questions, let me know, I've spoken with a female trooper who just graduated about a year or so ago and she's been VERY helpful to me.
        Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Yeah we love those long sleeves and wool pants...even in the 100 degree summer heat!! I went through the whole process by myself (meaning I didnt know anyone, didnt know what to expect). So if anyone has any questions I still remember a lot from my app. process and I dont mind sharing any info. I know when I was going through I wish I would have had somebody to ask questions to! It is a long app. process though. I first applied in Oct. and it took till Aug. for me to get a letter saying I was accepted to the Basic School. You will do one facet of the process and then you wont do another until a month or two down the road, so it gets kind of frustrating. However, in my opinion, IT IS WORTH IT!!!! Either post or pm me if you have any further questions or if you just want to chat about the whole process.
          "...I'd never let you down, even if I could. I'd give up everything if only for your good..." 3 Doors Down

"Strength is when your body gives out and your heart and your mind take over"

Comment

This is not a knock on any specific State Patrol, but it seems to me that all you would do as S.P is write driving citations..Maybe I am wrong, but that would be pretty boring to me.

Any other opinions or things I didnt think about

Comment

Originally posted by FutureLE
              This is not a knock on any specific State Patrol, but it seems to me that all you would do as S.P is write driving citations..Maybe I am wrong, but that would be pretty boring to me.

Any other opinions or things I didnt think about
              Well, for one thing, in NC it's not State Patrol, it's Highway Patrol. And that's just it, HIGHWAY PATROL. Writing citations and working accidents. But, there's always the criminal interdiction that goes along with that. If it sounds boring to you, then search elsewhere. To some, it may be just fine. I've been on the job for just over seven years now as a city officer that loves to work traffic, so that would be just up my alley.
              Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by towncop
                Well, for one thing, in NC it's not State Patrol, it's Highway Patrol. And that's just it, HIGHWAY PATROL. Writing citations and working accidents. But, there's always the criminal interdiction that goes along with that. If it sounds boring to you, then search elsewhere. To some, it may be just fine. I've been on the job for just over seven years now as a city officer that loves to work traffic, so that would be just up my alley.

Calm down, I was not dumping on the State or Highway Patrol. I was really just wondering if there was more to it than simply writing citations, something I hadnt thought about. But if that is what is up your alley then thats great for you.

BTW--I am searching elsewhere

Comment

state

much respect for state or highway patrol. where im from, they are very spread out, and back-up is gonna take awhile..many in this area have been hit, standing on the side of the road, just doing their job...sounded like an uninformed, inexperienced, statement that was made pertaining to state and highway patrolman...much respect, and kudos to those who serve as state, and highway patrolman.

Comment

Well it is great to know that there are others out there that can give me advice on the application process for the North Carolina Highway Patrol.

Comment

Calm down, I was not dumping on the State or Highway Patrol. I was really just wondering if there was more to it than simply writing citations, something I hadnt thought about. But if that is what is up your alley then thats great for you.

BTW--I am searching elsewhere
                      do you enjoy playing cat and mouse with speeders? or cat and mouse with other idiots on the roadways driving like maniacs?? its kind of a strategic game, but its way to dangerous to be considered a game...
                      for instance, you are hiding out in your little median pull off somewhere off of i-95 and you see an approaching vehicle that seems to be traveling faster than the posted speed limit... you take your radar system off hold and clock the guy burning past you at say 90-95mph... you pull out and chase the guy down... what happens next is unknown...
                      will he/she pull over? will you have to be involved in a highspeed pursuit? if not, then why is he/she traveling so fast? is he/she running drugs? on a substance or intoxicated? there is so much more involved, and with each stop you make, you never know whats going to happen...

not to mention the accidents are far from "clean." most involve high speeds and are very difficult to work.

you live in georgia, you should try to set up a ride-along with the georgia state patrol.

Comment

Originally posted by VAsteve20
                        do you enjoy playing cat and mouse with speeders? or cat and mouse with other idiots on the roadways driving like maniacs?? its kind of a strategic game, but its way to dangerous to be considered a game...
                        for instance, you are hiding out in your little median pull off somewhere off of i-95 and you see an approaching vehicle that seems to be traveling faster than the posted speed limit... you take your radar system off hold and clock the guy burning past you at say 90-95mph... you pull out and chase the guy down... what happens next is unknown...
                        will he/she pull over? will you have to be involved in a highspeed pursuit? if not, then why is he/she traveling so fast? is he/she running drugs? on a substance or intoxicated? there is so much more involved, and with each stop you make, you never know whats going to happen...

not to mention the accidents are far from "clean." most involve high speeds and are very difficult to work.

you live in georgia, you should try to set up a ride-along with the georgia state patrol.

True there are parts that would be exciting, but from what I see the instances of drug runners and other big cases, are not very often-

Everyone calm down, I am not saying there is anything wrong with Highway or State Patrols, I simply have an opinon, and if you guys dont like it, sorry for you, but its not going to change.. That being said, people seem to be wound a little too tight here and take everything personal, Whatever the case, remember I have total respect for all the LE officers, no matter what branch.. NExt topic

Comment

Originally posted by nadster011
                          much respect for state or highway patrol. where im from, they are very spread out, and back-up is gonna take awhile..many in this area have been hit, standing on the side of the road, just doing their job...sounded like an uninformed, inexperienced, statement that was made pertaining to state and highway patrolman...much respect, and kudos to those who serve as state, and highway patrolman.

If I am so uninformed, and inexperienced why dont you enlighten me on State Patrol..

Comment

True there are parts that would be exciting, but from what I see the instances of drug runners and other big cases, are not very often-

Everyone calm down, I am not saying there is anything wrong with Highway or State Patrols, I simply have an opinon, and if you guys dont like it, sorry for you, but its not going to change.. That being said, people seem to be wound a little too tight here and take everything personal, Whatever the case, remember I have total respect for all the LE officers, no matter what branch.. NExt topic
                            LOL up tight???
                            who is uptight??? you must have this amazing ability to see, hear, and witness emotion through a computer monitor.
                            no one is up tight... i guess you are making the assumption that people are getting uptight or offended, thats not a very good trait to have if you are "FutureLE"

Comment

Calm down, I was not dumping on the State or Highway Patrol. I was really just wondering if there was more to it than simply writing citations, something I hadnt thought about.
                              If I am so uninformed, and inexperienced why dont you enlighten me on State Patrol..
                              read those two quotes of yours...
                              does it make you chuckle just a little bit?

no one ever said you were "dumping" on anything...
                              thats your assumption... we are just trying to provide you with some info that you yourself said you "hadnt thought about", which clearly states "i am not informed."

sooooooooo with all that said... shale we inform you?
                              a trooper is considered an elite law enforcement officer by many standards... its obvious that you believe they are nothing more than officers that write tickets.
                              Here in the great commonwealth of virginia, our state police has the longest and most thorough academy that only the most qualified applicants are invited to attend. most other state troopers are of the same caliber. the positions these officers are put in daily are usually considered of a higher degree of danger than your typical city officer, and require less supervision... i am not saying that a trooper is better than a city officer, but the training provided is much more thorough simply because the nature of the work just may be more dangerous depending on the situation and location.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3967 users online. 239 members and 3728 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X