300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA Civil service tests?

A quick question about PA civil service tests. Do they work like NJ, where it goes in town first,in county second, in state third, then out of state people last? Or does it go by scores only...thanks

jay,

As far as I've seen, the go by your score only. Are you taking Bethlehem's test on Aug. 1? I am on Easton's list from the test that just occured and I live in NJ but I am ranked above some PA natives.

Comment

PA exam

Do you have to be post certified or have act 120 to take the test or be hired, if so how do you do that.??

Comment

The larger agencies in PA don't require ACT 120 certification in order to apply. The larger agencies in the eastern part of the state, ie Easton, Allentown, Bethlehem, etc. allow people who aren't certified to apply. Allentown (PA's third most populated city) is now accepting applications if you are interested.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys....allentown is hireing? is it a good place to work for and pay wise. How many they norm hire. I wanted to take the bethleham test but was unable to make it there to drop off the app. (DAMN WORK)

Comment

Pa police

Yea me neither. Do you have any contact info, I can't find anything on the web showing they are hiring.

Comment

Just remember 1 thing about PA civil service. You might need PA residency. Always read the announcement.
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

sheriff2004 and jay,

Call Allentown Human Resources @ 610-437-7523. Applications are being accepted until Aug. 19. Go to www.careerbuilder.com and type in "Allentown" and "Police" in the appropriate areas and you can see the full advertisement.

Comment

Pa. testing

Three ways in Pa. they test(or don't). It goes by class of the township or city(By population). Cities and larger townships have civil service commissions, as do even smaller Boroughs. It doesn't matter where you are from, anyone can take the civil service test just by making application. There are no sign up forms like they have in New Jersey, it's not state civil service, it localized to the town only you are applying for. You can be from out of state, you just need to reside within 6 months to 1 year if hired(Obviously!).

The other method is smaller class townships can simply test(Their choice), or just hire without testing(The good old boy way). Those department though most of the times want you to have ACT 120 certification so they don't spend money, and they get you right away.

I know a good department hiring ACT 120 people now in Lancaster County, Pa.. It's Manor Township. Call them at 717-299-5231, see what they say. They are only hiring ACT 120.

Hope this all helps!
                  "Living may not be free, but thank God we are free to live"

Comment

Just in case you didn

Comment

If you want to work as a police officer in Allentown the best way in is to be Act 120 certified. The city needs new officers before the end of the year. Reason why. The city could loss 10% of its force to retirement from the new contract. That would mean a dept under 200 officers. However the new officers will not be paid as well as the officers now. But the pension plan will be rising to benefit retirees. I expect there will be about 30 spots available on the list. But the dept is not going to rebuild it force from one class.

Comment

Does anyone know the date to the police test in allentown PA....they sent me the study guide but thats it. No paper telling where or when? Did anyone else get the study guide with JUST the study guide in it?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3980 users online. 233 members and 3747 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X