Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of race for Pa St. Police

Well,

I got my DQ letter last night from the polygraph review board, and there was an arrest years back that was a problem. I did disclose it at the day of the fitness test and with the PE. Since I wasn't asked to leave the auditorium the day of the FT, I didn't think it would be a problem. But hey, I ****ed up, and I have no one to blame but me.

They indicated in the letter that I can re-test, and I can't be "permanently" DQd? This process for me has been going since Jan., and I really don't want to go through with this again, only to run into the same thing twice. I am disappointed, but hey, I'll move on and find where I belong in this life. It may not even be in LE anymore. I have nothing against the Dept., and will always have the highest regard for it. While I'm not happy with the decision, that's life, and it's not fair all of the time. Right now, though, I feel like a ****ing loser, but deep down, I know it's not true. Just the way I feel at the moment. I feel like getting wasted and forgetting about this, but that's not the mature way to handle things, and could only make matters worse. Instead, I'm going to meet a few people from Crossfit and have a kick *** workout . To those of you who are still in the process, good luck to you now, in the academy and on the job.
    Last edited by Gil; 07-22-2005, 03:17 PM.
    "Life should be a mission and adventure, not just a mere existence"

Originally posted by Gil
    Well,

I got my DQ letter last night from the polygraph review board, and there was an arrest years back that was a problem. I did disclose it at the day of the fitness test and with the PE. Since I wasn't asked to leave the auditorium the day of the FT, I didn't think it would be a problem. But hey, I ****ed up, and I have no one to blame but me.

They indicated in the letter that I can re-test, and I can't be "permanently" DQd? This process for me has been going since Jan., and I really don't want to go through with this again, only to run into the same thing twice. I am disappointed, but hey, I'll move on and find where I belong in this life. It may not even be in LE anymore. I have nothing against the Dept., and will always have the highest regard for it. While I'm not happy with the decision, that's life, and it's not fair all of the time. Right now, though, I feel like a ****ing loser, but deep down, I know it's not true. Just the way I feel at the moment. To those of you who are still in the process, good luck now and in the academy.
    if you dont mind me asking... what was the arrest about?

and sorry about being DQed... i was in the same boat with the VSP...

Comment

Re

VaSteve,

It was when I was in the military. A few of us were out one night drinking in town, and one of my buddies got into a shouting match with someone, then his freinds got involved, then we jumped in. The local police that were patrolling the main drag came over and broke it up, then hauled us all in. We were let go about 4 or 5 the next morning, went to court a couple of months later, and it was thrown out. I know I should have chosen better company, but you don't think about this when you are wild and in your 20s.

I remember your DQ as well. Hope things work out for you in the long run. Thanks

Comment

gill's dq

You were never charged with a crime or arrested? I wonder why they DQ'd you for that. You have no arrest record? or is there more to the story than that? I have a friend who was in a fight, and was charged with an assault 1st, felony then had it reduced to a misdeamanor, and he just had to explain it,,,and he was o.k. But that was ALL he had, no other issues what so ever, had he even had a parking ticket, he would have been DQ'D....

Comment

Other departments won't be so strict. Unless your sole goal was to be PSP and only PSP, keep trying with other departments.
          Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

Gil
            I PM'd you
            Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Re

Thanks all,

all..I went away for the weekend just to forget about all of this. Sherriff, apparently it was a big deal to them..It's not the end of the world, and I will just move on..

Comment

Gil..

I'm from Pa., been LE 20 years. Lot's of friend's in LE with me took the great PSP's test. They have a way of thinking that's different then most. A couple guys failed the PT test for percieved "not going all the way down" on pushups.Threw them right out on the spot! You're not missing anything.
                About the arrest that got thrown out, as long as you are up front with that anywhere esle, you should be in good shape. I do backgrounds here at my agency, and I wish that was all I encountered.
                Good luck...and Congratulations for NOT getting into PSP. You'll be better off.
                "Living may not be free, but thank God we are free to live"

Comment

Originally posted by eh19512
                  I'm from Pa., been LE 20 years. Lot's of friend's in LE with me took the great PSP's test. They have a way of thinking that's different then most. A couple guys failed the PT test for percieved "not going all the way down" on pushups.Threw them right out on the spot! You're not missing anything.
                  About the arrest that got thrown out, as long as you are up front with that anywhere esle, you should be in good shape. I do backgrounds here at my agency, and I wish that was all I encountered.
                  Good luck...and Congratulations for NOT getting into PSP. You'll be better off.
                  Thanks, Eh..I'm disappointed to say the least, since I had really high hopes with this agency, but life goes on. I guess it wasn't meant to be, and there is a reason for it. I'm going to send you a PM if you don't mind, either today or tommorrow. Thanks again.
                  Last edited by Gil; 07-26-2005, 02:32 PM.

Comment

That's fine Gil...

Send me a PM. There's reasons for everything, but you're still ok, trust me. I can give you some other pointers too for some other agencies sometimes people may overlook.
                    "Living may not be free, but thank God we are free to live"

Comment

Just keep looking elsewhere. As already stated, that should not DQ you, but each agency has their own standards. Hell, I failed a pysch with one agency, talk about making you feel like a dirt bag, yet passed it with another. Guess they're just looking for 2 totally different tpyes of people. I got hired by the other agency for corrections. Not really what I wanted, but it will get my foot in the door until I can either get a lateral onto the road within the same agency, or get hired elsewhere. Good luck.
                      sigpic

Comment

Re

Thanks again, Eh..I'll send the PM today

Airforcop, thanks as well. I won't give up..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4582 users online. 234 members and 4348 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X