300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Written Psych. Exam for Sheriff's Dept

Wow. I am not sure if it was long enough.

There was....
    1. 50 question problem solving test with 12 minutes allowed. (I got about 35)
    2. A 435 question exam with F, ST, MT, and VT answers available.
    3. A 330 question exam with T or F
    4. A Y/N 160 question exam (basically exactly what my polygrapher asked me).

I am pretty confident I did well. I just used common sense and answered to the best of my knowledge. I made sure I was consistent in my answers and I gave indepth explanations on my Y/N exam (#4).

Hopefully there are some grey areas. I do hate standardized tests because people can take certain questions a different way than another would.

There were SUICIDE, PUBLIC PERSONALITY, INTERESTS, and much else asked throughout the tests.

Hopefully all goes well. I have my Oral scheduled on the 4th and my Medical on the 5th. (and hopefully the Academy on the 26th )

Yes I remember that test... Doesn't seem that long untill you leave it is like 5 hours later...

Another step in the proccess down for you....

Keep us posted on the rest!!!!!!!!!
    ~Wise men stand behind me, Brave men stand beside me, only Fools stand against me!~

Comment

Just did a similar thing for Scottsdale on Monday, along with a pyschologist visit. Took a total of about five hours. I'd already done my **** test and physical, so I'm just waiting to hear something.
      dion

Comment

I don't know if this is a big deal, but it is bothering me a little bit regarding the background questionairre test.

HAVE YOU EVER TOLD A RACIST JOKE?

Yes I have, while at work in the Air Force. It was nothing hateful and not "racist", but it was racial. My black friends would do it to me. It was funny and nothing hurtful.

That is how I basically explained it. It is the truth. Hopefully that doesn't hurt me. They said honesty is the best policy.

Comment

I answered yes on the racist joke thing too. Being in the military, almost everyone has. I am certainly not racist, and I would feel very uncomfortable telling any kind of racist joke w/o a person of that race present. I have co-workers who are friends, of all races. And when we're bored the jokes come out. It's all in good fun. When I explained this to the pysch, he got all quite and told me/asked me that if I were hired I wouldn't be able to do any of that. I knew right there the interview wasn't going well, and I did end up failing my pysch.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Airforcop
            I answered yes on the racist joke thing too. Being in the military, almost everyone has. I am certainly not racist, and I would feel very uncomfortable telling any kind of racist joke w/o a person of that race present. I have co-workers who are friends, of all races. And when we're bored the jokes come out. It's all in good fun. When I explained this to the pysch, he got all quite and told me/asked me that if I were hired I wouldn't be able to do any of that. I knew right there the interview wasn't going well, and I did end up failing my pysch.
            Damn, this isn't cool.

They tell you not to lie about anything, but if you are totally truthful, you can't get hired.

I guess I will see soon.

Comment

I just thought of something.

Refering to my post above about having participated in racist jokes before....

I wonder if they will believe that I am not racist because I am in the Big Brothers program. My little brother is Hispanic (I am white). I couldn't be racist and still spend time with a Hispanic kid. It wouldn't make sense.

Anyway, I will try not to sweat it.

I am trying out for Mesa AZ PD on the 1st because my friend is doing it and it is just another option. Anyone else going?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9118 users online. 493 members and 8625 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X