300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Distance Applicants?

I live in the middle of nowhere and it costs quite a bit of money to fly to pretty much anywhere. Does anyone know of any departments that will do any part of the hiring process through test proctors and the like?
    No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

When you call a PD that you are interested in, ask if they have an "out of towner" process. LAPD and LVMPD definitely have them, and CHP used to, not sure if they still do. I haven't heard of any on the East Coast that do it.

The "out of towner" process usually means you can largely complete the process in one trip, although I bet there will still be at least 2 trips involve once you get far in the process.

Comment

NYPD also has an out of towner program.

Portland, OR supposedly has a great program too and I also heard they help you relocate and even buy a house.

Comment

Most large PDs do have the out of town process. My advice would be to figure out where you want to land after you leave Kwaj.....get with those PDs and see if they have one....and go from there.
        But it will all come down to where you want to go to work as an LEO......start from there and you should be good to go...

Good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8615 users online. 455 members and 8160 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X