300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Applicant Stories

The thread about the guy who showed up to a BI in wind pants and a hat reminded me of two guys from my physical fitness test and what they were wearing. One guy showed up in full camo BDU's, and wore his camo hat too. Thought he was hard core army guy, and he could barely get over the 6 ft wall. Another guy wore some nut hugging wranglers with a can of dip in his back pocket, and he put a fresh one in right before the obstacle course. We had to wear pants for the OC, but when everyone changed to shorts for the 1.5 mi. run, he just stayed in his tight ***** jeans. He actually did pretty well. He passed at least. Just wondering if anyone else has stories of idots and their attire from their screening processes.

haha

hahaha wow i dont have anything like that and i took 3 so far. the one place i took one in northern virginia there were alot of younger guys there. they treated it like it was gym class in high school and talked to the instructors like it was too. I just stood next to the marine and kept my mouth shut. haha. i couldnt believe it.
    "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

Comment

There was a "help" session here before the civil service test and some people showed up to that looking they were a gangstar if you know what I mean. The individual I can remember had his pants around his ***, was wearing a really really large t-shirt, and necklace with somthing shiny on it. It was pretty funny to see the look the testing officer gave him. He was clueless..

I remember another one now during the test. A guy showed up in one of the private jail iniforms. He was retarded looking showing up as he did. He obviously did not know how to properly wear a uniform. His boots were unlaced, he tried tucking his trousers into his boots but the back was hanging out. His shirt was kind of tucked in the front but not in the back. His belt was over the untucked shirt and on the verge of slipping right off his gut. He had chest hair popping out of the neck part of the blouse. It was just disgusting. I'm glad he failed the exam.

Comment

I'm sure people looked at me kinda weird when I showed up for my PAT. I was dressed like I normally dress for the day, cargo shorts w/ belt, nikes, & a t-shirt. Everyone else was wearing 'gym' attire...then i dominated the course & when I left I had the best time of the day...it probably got beat by the end of the day since i tested in the morning slot, but it made me feel good to know i was better than the others even if it was only pass/fail....

Comment

outfit

i reside in northern indiana. i tested for a dept that is central/southern indiana. anyone who knows anything about indiana, northern is more urban, central, south of indy, and further are pretty much rural... had approx 40 show up for the physical, all being about 30 or younger. one kid however, was wearing gym shorts, pretty much passed his knees, and had a collar polo shirt...sad thing was he had his collared polo shirt tucked into his silk looking gym shorts, and had some green and black gym shoes on, his shirt being a light blue, and shorts were an off red....i thought it was funny...maybe you just had to be there.

Comment

It was funny to see how out of shape some of the applicants were for Phoenix and Maricopa Co. were when they showed up for the PT test.

Some of these people weren't even close. The fat guy couldn't make it over a 6 foot wall, even with 5 tries. It was ridiculous.

Some guys couldn't do 30 pushups.

I didn't see anyone that totally stood out other than that.

Comment

I went to a pre interview while starting the process for the OSP. Only two people were there. Myself, wearing dress pants, shirt and tie, the other guy came wearing his Plumbers company work suit, patches and all. We both sat down with the trooper and this guy asked, "are you hiring for any Snipers? ".

Comment

Originally posted by P/O CASS
                I went to a pre interview while starting the process for the OSP. Only two people were there. Myself, wearing dress pants, shirt and tie, the other guy came wearing his Plumbers company work suit, patches and all. We both sat down with the trooper and this guy asked, "are you hiring for any Snipers? ".
                Thats classic mentality of some people who think they want to be cops...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7596 users online. 389 members and 7207 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X