300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tampa Written Test

Quick Tampa Police Department question regarding the initial written test. When you hand in your application for the TPD scholarship, what's the written like? Has anyone taken it, and what should I expect. Is it something I can study for? Any additional information would be appreciated!

Thanks.

FYI. 95% on F-BAT

I took the TPD Scholarship test about a month ago...
    It is 80 multiple choice and two essay questions. It has an easy math and english section, and a big section on thinking out side the box, if you will (thats the best way I can describe it). PM me for more specifics if you want.

Comment

Just make sure you can do long division and large multiplication without a calculator...I had to think long and hard on how to multiply 1532 x 761 since I

Comment

Long wait!

Thanks for the info.

Holy BeGezuz that's a long wait! Why so long, or is that standard? They just started looking at your app and didn't schedule your for anything else? Is that for the scholarship?

From what I hear, Tampa is a great place to be. I guess good things are worth waiting for.

Comment

Originally posted by Supe
          Thanks for the info.

Holy BeGezuz that's a long wait! Why so long, or is that standard? They just started looking at your app and didn't schedule your for anything else? Is that for the scholarship?

From what I hear, Tampa is a great place to be. I guess good things are worth waiting for.
          yeah this is for the scholarship program...I'm not sure why so long truthfully...

everything started out nice, but i hit a snag back in FEB.

Applied in AUG - written in late AUG i believe it was
          PAT and B-Pad in SEPT
          then everything else in FEB....

I took my poly, psych exam, and turned in my final background forms in Feb. and they just finished my background investigation this month...so thats 5 months to check my work history, neighbors, etc...I would call at least once a month to check on everything trying to speed the process up and show that i'm very interested, but with no luck...i called about a week or 2 ago and my BI told me everything was complete and it just had to go in front of the selection committee and the next academy is in november if i am selected...so now i'm just waiting...
          Last edited by gomets11; 07-22-2005, 10:47 AM.

Comment

I also applied for the TPD scholarship. Sent in my initial application in July 2004. Did PAT and BPAD in September/October. Then recieved another big application packet by mail in December. Filled it all out including neighborhood references, work history, etc. and then was scheduled for an interview in January. Did polygraph and psychological along with the interview all in one day.
            Finally in May, after calling on my own to inquire about my status, I was told I didnt get it. So it was 11 months for me. Bottom line- TPD has the best pay and the best benefits of any agency in the area. They have hundreds of applications for both scholarships as well as certified officer positions. They have the luxury of taking their time and selecting exactly who they want. However, it is a top-notch, professional agency and now that Im enrolled in the academy on my own, I will definitely reapply after I graduate. Good luck.....
            "Hey handsome...catch any speeders today" ???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9467 users online. 271 members and 9196 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X