300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were you asked ?

When you had your interview were you asked the question why should we hire you over the other candidates? what did you say

Be confident and tell them why! Confidence! Somthing I learned in the Marine Corps... When I won a promotion board they asked a question like that. I told them that they WERE going to promote me because blah blah etc...

IMO just be confident!

Comment

Been asked that on every oral board I have ever been on. SELL YOURSELF!
      In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

But sell yourself WITHOUT being disrespectful to the other candidates. You can make yourself look good without making other people look bad.
        d

Comment

Originally posted by Blatant
          But sell yourself WITHOUT being disrespectful to the other candidates. You can make yourself look good without making other people look bad.
          d

Good words of Wisdom Blatant. They can be applied to everyday life as well as the LE oral review board interview.

TRPR2B
          Be a leader, not a follower

Comment

Were you asked ?

please give me some examples

Comment

Originally posted by Max mac
              Actually, no I wasn't asked when I interviewed with the Highway Patrol. They asked me why I wanted to be a trooper and they asked me a bunch of different questions on hypothetical situations but they didn't ask me what made me a better choice than the other applicants.

Actually, the Major told me that out of all of the applicants that they had interviewed that week (this was on Friday afternoon when I had mine) that to him I seemed to have the most maturity. He went on to say that even if they didn't extend an offer of employment to me to keep applying and try to get some additional education.

For what it's worth, I passed the oral review board. They notify you within about five minutes. My entire interview lasted about 20 minutes.

On a side note.....DO NOT lie to them. One of the guys who went in before me was in there about 1 hour and then one of the Troopers on his review board flings the door open, stomps out and yells to the guy "We told you not to lie to us". All of the rest of us kind of turned and looked at each other like .
              Be a leader, not a follower

Comment

Originally posted by Max mac
                i am also interested in some of the responses current officers gave...
                i go for my oral board friday...

i think if i am asked that question i will explain my passion for doing the right thing and making the right decissions in life... i will attempt to then revert back to my past, outlining my decission making skills... maybe explain my current line of work and try to outline my public speaking skills...

so my outline of the content will more than likely be:
                passion for making right choices
                ability to make decissions of good choice under pressure(self control).
                my passion for wanting to help my community.
                my desire to become a LEO and that i feel that this desire will help me accel over the typical applicant both in training and during my career as a leo.

and i think thats about it...

if im missing something lemme know lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4353 users online. 233 members and 4120 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X