300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drug test

I have one question. Do steroids show up on a drug test as in Deca, Sustanon 250, Proviron, and Clomid and if so would they fail you for that?
    4/4/09

Lest We Forget

Pittsburgh Bureau of Police

Originally posted by skatr5435
    I have one question. Do steroids show up on a drug test as in Deca, Sustanon 250, Proviron, and Clomid and if so would they fail you for that?

I hear they dont test for AAS(unless your suspected and are already employed),
    Last edited by FutureLE; 11-16-2008, 04:01 PM.

Comment

I just went through the medical examination for the New Mexico State Police, and we were tested for illegal drugs and steroids. I guess it all depends on the agency.

Comment

Why would you take those anyway... I know around the gym I go to you get made fun of for taking them cause your totally fake and besides they shrink your balls....
        "The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which one to burn"

Comment

how long ago did you take them? or are you still taking them?
          Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Originally posted by skatr5435
            Perhaps there are a few agencies that don't test for them. For the vast majority that do, the substances you menioned will show up. If illegal drugs are detected in your screening you will be disqualified.
            Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

I hear they dont due to cost.. who knows, why risk it.
              Last edited by FutureLE; 11-16-2008, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolla
                Why would you take those anyway... I know around the gym I go to you get made fun of for taking them cause your totally fake and besides they shrink your balls....

How do you know other guys in the gym are taking them? Because they look better or are bigger than you? Many people simply have superior genetics and will gain size/strength much faster than average people.
                Last edited by FutureLE; 11-16-2008, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Generally on random drug testing steroids are not tested for unless it is specifically requested. On preemployment testing, better safe than sorry.

BTW FutureLE, you don't need steroids to be the biggest guy in the gym. get off the juice.
                  No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

Originally posted by FutureLE
                    Ahhh the vast uneducated population concerning AAS.. Do you know that the most prevelant steroid is one that simply mimics what is in your body now.. So actually its not fake..and your balls dont shrink if you know what your doing.. But the media storm has really hurt the perception.. Oh well..

BTW---How do you know other guys in the gym are taking them? Because they look better or are bigger than you?

FYI-- I do not condone the use of AAS without a doctors prescription and under his/her direct care.
                    First off I agree that not all depts. test for them but some do at least I have been tested for them.

Now your saying I'm uneducated? If its not fake then why do people use them and ballon up so fast? Im sure I know alot more then you think... lets just see a few years ago my military dployments sent me to Mexico guys bought them up like crazy... I know alot of guys and chicks that took them and I've seen the results... small balls, heart attacks, and what not. Plus the military now tests for them cause a buddy of mine just got the boot cause he popped positive. Secondly I know who takes them cause these idiots tell everyone they are on something and are always offering it up. The truth hurts.
                    "The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which one to burn"

Comment

In terms for marijuana use drug screening, with a urinalysis, how far back can they trace the use of it? I was reading in a LE book that it can go from 1-2 years, is that true? How are people able to pass tests after 30 days?
                      Put 'em on Safe and let 'em Hang...

Comment

Originally posted by NPDeLeon
                        In terms for marijuana use drug screening, with a urinalysis, how far back can they trace the use of it? I was reading in a LE book that it can go from 1-2 years, is that true? How are people able to pass tests after 30 days?
                        Gee...Question about MJ and a Grateful Dead icon...I'm no detective, but hmmm...why might you be asking?

Urinalysis can't really go back more than a month or so, and even that pertains only to pretty heavy/regular users. If it's infrequent, you could test clean after as little as a week. There are also other variables, such as the sensitivity threshold of the test used, your metabolism, physical condition and body composition, because THC is stored in fat cells and released into the blood gradually, but much faster if you lose any weight immediately prior to testing. Some agencies are shifting toward hair follicle testing, which can go back many months...and they don't necessarily need head hair, either. Good luck.

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" -Jerry Garcia

Steroid testing is probably way too expensive for all applicants, but if you look like you're on them, and you make it all the way through, you never know. Since they're a Federal crime, you can kiss your LE career goodbye if you're caught, for using them within several years of applying, (or ever, in some agencies), as well as everywhere else, for lying about it anywhere, on the standard prior drug history and undetected crimes questions you'll likely encounter in the background packet.
                        Last edited by ProWriter; 07-20-2005, 05:50 PM.
                        No longer ignoring anybody here, since that psycho known as "Josey Wales" finally got the boot after being outed as a LE imposter by B&G978. Nice job.

Comment

Last edited by NPDeLeon; 07-25-2005, 05:37 PM.
                          Put 'em on Safe and let 'em Hang...

Comment

Originally posted by mosetti
                            Generally on random drug testing steroids are not tested for unless it is specifically requested. On preemployment testing, better safe than sorry.

BTW FutureLE, you don't need steroids to be the biggest guy in the gym. get off the juice.

I never said I used steroids, but I know alot of guys who do, and I have researched them EXTENSIVELY and I know all the possible effects--positive/negative, its like anything you do in life, there are certain risks, but they can be minimized by using safe amounts with proper post cycle therapy and using a doctor that knows about hormone replacement--

Just dont believe all the crap the media tells you..

Maybe you guys bashing big guys because your jealous or intimitaded by them. I am not the biggest guy, but I am 225lbs with about 10-12% bf(abs are visible) and alot of morons think I use AAS--

Bottom line-- I have never used steroids and I do not condone the use without a doctors prescription, but the risks are HIGHLY exagerrated.. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A CAUSE OF DEATH EXPLAINED BY STEROIDS, BUT how many people die from alcohol and cigarettes every year.. THe numbers are staggering.

Comment

FutureLE is correct. Most folks can take the juice safely if they do so in moderation.

Steroid testing IS expensive and I doubt most departments spring for it. However, you're going to be asked a lot of questions about it on your poly, so they're likely to get you that way.

The department I'm in the process with -- Scottsdale, AZ -- asked a lot of questions about steroids. I had used a single cycle back in the late 1980s. Any use after 1994 is an automatic DQ for that department.
                              d

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3994 users online. 195 members and 3799 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X