Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FL LEOs: Do I take corrections job or keep looking for LE job?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cop4Life
    I'm on the road with a SO in south florida and I'd advise you NOT to go into corrections unless you plan on staying there for at least 3 years. Don't settle. Go for the road, since Collier County said no - go somewhere else. If you want more info PM me.

Where in SFL?
    In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

I took the job. Mainly because I need a job, not because I really want to work in the jail. However, I will continue to apply with other agencies in Florida and will be gone at the drop of a hat if offered a job on the road. I hate to be that way, but my heart lies on the road, not in the jail. I figure if I can't get a job elsewhere within in 18 months, I can then start applying to the road within the same agency.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Airforcop
        I took the job. Mainly because I need a job, not because I really want to work in the jail. However, I will continue to apply with other agencies in Florida and will be gone at the drop of a hat if offered a job on the road. I hate to be that way, but my heart lies on the road, not in the jail. I figure if I can't get a job elsewhere within in 18 months, I can then start applying to the road within the same agency.
        Make the best of it, and you will learn a lot from working in the jail. I don't know how FL works, but here in MA, just about every LE/corrections job has reciprocity with retirement systems, so you can roll over your time in the jail towards your pension.
        Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

That's the one good thing with this job. Pay, benefits, etc... are exactly the same as if I was on the road, to include retirement. Plus, as far as I know, my retirement with transfer to any other agency within the state.
          sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9364 users online. 394 members and 8970 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X