300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychological help

On the odd ball chance that I passed my poly, there isn't anything in my background that should hold me up. Can anyone suggest a book to help me pass the Psychological portion of the hiring process?

First, have more confidence. You probably passed the poly even though they can sometimes be arbitrary and subjective.

For the Psych. You will probably take a short intelligence test. You can't really study, whatever you have learned thus far in life will be it. As far as the MMPI or other 400 to 700 question tests. Be honest and answer with your first intuition. They are typically T/F questions like, "I could picture myself as an artist", or "I have been told I drive fast", or "I love my mother" or "I usually win when I play games." Don't overthink the questions. They are to provide a baseline for a Psych interview with a shrink. The test typically will repeat questions again and again in different formats so don't lie! When you interview with the shrink, be polite and offer nothing other than what is asked. Don't go into details unless asked. Good Luck.

Comment

You cannot get any help to pass the psych tests, it is not something you can study for. Answer every question honestly and be consistant, if you try to think too much or play the test you will get the boot for being deceptive.

Get a good nights sleep and eat before you go, don't rush through the test, take your time. Good luck.

Comment

Depends on the department and thier quack. I recently found out some fail a number of applicants to feed former department psych Dr.'s that do appeals. Sounds bad right? Well, it's a reality because only certain Dr's know how to prepare an appeal for law enforcement. Thus, they get the business. I got this information from an inside investigator at a major agency. Trust me, it does not make me happy to know that all the time and effort spent doing this can end up costing you more money. Even then, you may not pass the appeal and the loot is down the drain. Meanwhile, you know nothing is wrong with you, and you have to sit back and watch really "loco" types pass, get the job and get fired for serious issues that should have been handled on thier psych. It's very unfair, but so is life.

I wish you the best.

Comment

You can check out "The Big Book of Big Secrets" by William Poundstone. It has sections on various psychological tests and information on what the shrinks look for.
          Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4360 users online. 251 members and 4109 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X