300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated

Ok...I've posted before about this but I'm at the point where I'm thinking about getting out of the business. I have a termination "for cause" on my record in 10/2002 from a medium size (400 officers) Sheriff's Office for a "violation of use of force policy". I'm now working for a VERY small department to get back on my feet (been there since 09/2003). I have a SIGNED letter from the Chief Deputy of that S.O. stating that I'm eligible for re-hire but can't seem to get in ANYWHERE! I've become an expert on the application process and can complete a 50 page app in about an hour. One thought is: go back to the S.O. to somehow "clear" my record, if this is possible. Any thoughts??? Maybe I'll go work at The Gap.
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
    Ronald Reagan

Most agencies will not hire someone that has been terminated for a use of force incident. However, if you have that letter I do not see what the problem is. How small is the agency you work for now?
    In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Six officers. Still in the same county. Funny....I back up the that same S.O. on more calls than I get in my city.
      The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
      Ronald Reagan

Comment

I guess I am confused about that letter. Seems to me if you are OK to hire back, you should not have been terminated in the first place. What, a timeout makes you a better officer and now you can come back? Isn't that called a suspension?

Not trying to pick a fight here, I just can't understand this situation. Have you tried getting back on the SO?

Comment

No. The same admin is still in place and I don't trust them at all. From my own "investigation", I was the victim of a witchhunt and was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Hell, the complaint didn't even come from the perp-it came from a Sgt. who was in another room and couldn't have possibly have seen anything. Two Det. that were right next to me gave statements supporting my actions but..... I can complain all I want but it still doesn't change anything. As far as I'm concerned, along with the opinions of the majority of the Dpeuties in my former dept., I got it right up the rear and can't do a thing about it but suck it up and keep trying to overcome it.
          Ronald Reagan

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4976 users online. 306 members and 4670 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X