300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inwald 5 advice

I was DQ'd from the Montgomery PD hiring process because I scored a 3 (?) on the Inwald 5 survey. The problem with that is...I dont know what I did or said wrong, so I'm clueless how to correct it. Before I could ask the recruiter what was the problem, he passed the buck saying that he didnt grade them, the psych doc does...,,but I can apply again in 6 months. I'm not sure how that helps me since my answers will most likely be the same in 6 months! What gives? Should I not be 100% forthcoming about past alcohol and anger issues? I want my integrity to stay intact, so I cant/wont straight up lie. Any advice from the vets?
    Minimum effort yeilds minimal results

Have you been counseled for anger issues? Are you really that angry or are you overstating yourself. Have you been so out of control that you hit someone w/o them 1st hitting you. Describe your alcohol use past and present?
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Overstating

I suppose I may be overstating a bit. I dont feel I have anger issues. I do however let my emotions show sometimes. Have I hit anyone other than a school yard fight 25 years ago? No. Counselled for anger issues? Professionally; No. By my supervisor; Yes. I'm a Non-commissioned officer in the AF and I try to portray a professional image as much as possible...drives my wife nuts! In my 19+ years on the job I've been told a few times I have a short fuse but most of that happened before I quit drinking 5 years ago. I had a 16 year history of steady post-duty hour drinking. I did a 30 day vacation in a rehab facility and havent touched a drop since. I'm thinking my disqualification stemmed from perceived temperment issues. I can totally understand that, I just dont know how to get past the darn survey. My bro in law is a deputy sheriff and has failed it 4 times at another agency. Thanks for the interest. Show me as still
      Last edited by beano00; 07-14-2005, 01:42 AM.

Comment

If you were a law enforcement agency, would you hire an applicant that has your "issues"; drinking and temperament. I think you answered your question. The big picture is liability. You have a "RED Flag" over you, while other applicants, hundreds of them do not.

www.****************************
        Good Luck and Test Well!
        Author of: How to become a peace officer by Wayne LeQuang (google it)

L.B.P.D. Academy #75
        6 month of pain, for a 30 year career.

visit: youtube.com "Black Monday" Great Video from LASD.

Comment

I understand that according to Inwald I'm not a good candidate. But, if I were a recruiter, I think I would at least sit with the person and find out more information. Especially if that person is retired honorably from the military with a long history of significant achievments.

Comment

Maybe you need to tell them your story a different way. Sounds like you may be shooting yourself in the foot by saying your an angry drunk instead of saying that you had a drinking problem and got angry at the time but havent's touched a drop since 99 since going through a 30 rehab.
            "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

This test is not a pass/ fail it is meant to root out potential anger and temperment issues. Apparently in your case it did it's job. But seek the help of a counselor and tell them what is up and perhaps next time you will fair better.
              You have some issue that need dealt with and dealing with them by admitting them to yourself will be the first step in becoming a cop.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5747 users online. 322 members and 5425 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X