Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DQed from Phoenix PD. My plans are kind of falling through.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DQed from Phoenix PD. My plans are kind of falling through.

Yeah, it was the Poly.

I must have relations with animals or rape and kill people, because I didn't pass.

This is total bs, but I have to deal with it.

I am kind of screwed, really.

I have no money (I can't get a job that involves a commitment because I was trying to get in an Aug. academy. I was just turned down at Red Lobster for some reason. I have a job at Houstons restraunt that I may or may not get.).

I can't take my little brother (Big Brothers, Big Sisters) anywhere cool because I have no money.

I have no education (my fault as far as formal education, more the fault of the Air Force in the fact I have no skills.)

I don't know what to do. I moved to AZ thinking that I would get on the PD.

I have a poly on Monday for the Maricopa Cty. Sheriff's Dept, but I don't know if that will be the same result as Phoenix.

I guess I will sell my 65 Mustang and bus or wait tables or valet cars and go to ASU. Not the same as being on a SWAT team though.

? - What major cities in the West do not use a polygraph test as part of their hiring process? I may move there to be a cop if I have to.
    Last edited by JML65; 07-18-2005, 12:04 PM.

Keep trying. Is Phoenix the only place you applied? A lot of people, probably most, don't get on the first place they apply. And just because you "failed" one poly doesn't mean you'll fail the rest. If you lied about something, don't lie next time. And if you were totally honest, oh well, that happens sometimes, that's the problem with polys. If I were you, i'd apply to every dept. of every size in the area. If you're giving up already, it must not be something you really want to do.
    Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

Originally posted by Washingtonian
      Keep trying. Is Phoenix the only place you applied? A lot of people, probably most, don't get on the first place they apply. And just because you "failed" one poly doesn't mean you'll fail the rest. If you lied about something, don't lie next time. And if you were totally honest, oh well, that happens sometimes, that's the problem with polys. If I were you, i'd apply to every dept. of every size in the area. If you're giving up already, it must not be something you really want to do.
      Hopefully the MCSO's poly is easier or different somehow that I am able to bass it.

I applied to Phx. and Maricopa so far.

There isn't a test anytime for Tempe or anywhere else in my area that I am aware of, although I am Googleing that now.

I am afraid to keep trying because I have to put my education on hold and put getting a real job on hold (not a deal at all if I get in, but if I don't...).

Comment

Originally posted by JML65
        Yeah, it was the Poly.

I must have relations with animals or rape and kill people, because I didn't pass.

This is total bs, but I have to deal with it.

I am kind of screwed, really.

I have no money (I can't get a job that involves a commitment because I was trying to get in an Aug. academy. I was just turned down at Red Lobster for some reason. I have a job at Houstons restraunt that I may or may not get.).

I can't take my little brother (Big Brothers, Big Sisters) anywhere cool because I have no money.

I have no education (my fault as far as formal education, more the fault of the Air Force in the fact I have no skills.)

I don't know what to do. I moved to AZ thinking that I would get on the PD.

I have a poly on Monday for the Maricopa Cty. Sheriff's Dept, but I don't know if that will be the same result as Phoenix.

I guess I will sell my 65 Mustang and bus or wait tables or valet cars and go to ASU. Not the same as being on a SWAT team though.

? - What major cities in the West do not use a polygraph test as part of their hiring process? I may move there to be a cop if I have to.

All agencies in Oregon are prohibited from using a polygraph. Only major city here is Portland (560,000) population. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portland%2C_Oregon

They're also trying to hire around 70 new officers, so if you were to apply it should probably be soon. http://www.portlandonline.com/police/
        Last edited by Brav989; 07-13-2005, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Right on.

That is bittersweet info as I like Phoenix and have lots of new friends, but I want to be a police officer.

If I moved, I would have to cut my little brother, which sucks as he is a pretty cool little dude.

Decisions, decisions.

Comment

Right on.

That is bittersweet info as I like Phoenix and have lots of new friends, but I want to be a police officer.

If I moved, I would have to cut my little brother, which sucks as he is a pretty cool little dude.

Decisions, decisions.
            Why not use the GI bill and go back to school? Might as well while you're waiting. Plus in the oral you can mention it to make yourself look better

Comment

Life isn't fair ..... In this career it isn't even close

Comment

Originally posted by Brav989
                Why not use the GI bill and go back to school? Might as well while you're waiting. Plus in the oral you can mention it to make yourself look better
                I can't commit to something like the GI bill, or even a really good job, while I am waiting for the Academy.

It would be huge pain in the *** to cancel the GI bill (if that is possible) if I am accepted to an academy.

By the time I will know if I will make it or not, Fall registration will be closed.

I guess I was willing to take the risk, and now I am paying for it. Oh well, it could be way worse.

Comment

Just a few cents from me about the GI Bill, you can use it for an academy. Most police training programs are covered just contact the VA and they will tell you for sure which ones are and which ones aren't. The GI Bill is the dream and I suggest you use it. Dont sweat about the Poly, if it makes you feel any better, I was number 1 on a list, passed everything, poly, background, physch, and got passed over cause Im switched to the reserves and I will be leaving.
                  "The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which one to burn"

Comment

JML,

Stick with it man, you CAN do it. Try MCSO, try Tempe, try everywhere. Also, I think Avondale is hiring, ChopShopCop works there, and he is cool. Just don't give up.

Comment

You can use the GI Bill even though you get paid for going to the Academy?

Hopefully I pass the MCSO poly. (I have a couple friends that went to Sheriff Joe's Tent City )

Comment

Educate me here

I am not familiar with polygraph testing since my state prohibits it. Do you know what questions showed deception/ you failed?

Or is it just a pass/fail overall result?
                        Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Problem areas - Drugs and previous crimes I think, both of which aren't an issue with me in my life.

Comment

Problem areas - Drugs and previous crimes I think, both of which aren't an issue with me in my life.
                            Since you are anonymous...can you be more specific about that? The Examiner and PD obviously thought otherwise. What did they not get right about it? Were they ever an issue (however minor)?
                            Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop
                              Since you are anonymous...can you be more specific about that? The Examiner and PD obviously thought otherwise. What did they not get right about it? Were they ever an issue (however minor)?
                              No, that is about it. They just told me that they had issues with that. It was pretty vague. Maybe they had an issue with -a. how many times I smoked weed -b. that I did more drugs.

I smoked weed 2 times. I never did crimes or anything, never stolen anything, vandelizing property, etc.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4435 users online. 256 members and 4179 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X