300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Service Process

If you were to apply for the Secret Service. Do they give you a call and take a test among other candidates, or do they setup an interview with you personally?

Last edited by ngor324; 11-07-2005, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Well in that case I have an interview time already setup for next week :-) Just curious, because Im used to doing "wonderlic" tests and other thinning the pack tests for local and federal agencies.

Besides being honest and "being yourself", along with wearing a suit, is there anything else I should be aware of, or any pointers?

I've done some research on the Uniform Division so I don't look like a complete fool.

Thanks for the response. :-)
      Last edited by batsTX; 07-13-2005, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Last edited by ngor324; 11-07-2005, 04:02 PM.

Comment

app

when i take my app to my local field office sould i wear a suit or only wear a suit when going on my interview
          Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF DEATH COME KNOCKING, I WILL ANSWER

Comment

Last edited by ngor324; 11-07-2005, 04:02 PM.

Comment

One of our guys applied for the Secret Service and they sent an Agent all the way out here to conduct an interview. Mind you we are 2,500 miles SW of Hawaii.
              No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

Sorry to get off the subject, but what country are you in Mosetti?

Comment

is the POST test very hard,
                  Last edited by lilnupe2009; 07-14-2005, 12:20 PM.
                  Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF DEATH COME KNOCKING, I WILL ANSWER

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddy
                    Sorry to get off the subject, but what country are you in Mosetti?

I am in the Republic of the Marshall Islands. Great weather, good diving..
                    No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

SS Process

I am currently in the process of trying to get on with the SS, Criminal Investigator (Special Agent). Turned in app, had initial interview, and passed the TEA exam. What will happen next? In various other threads and sources, I have heard varying information as to the rest of the process. I am under the impression that the rest of the hiring process will be...Panel Interview then Polygraph, but I have heard of people taking POST tests (what is that?) and additional polygraphs, also physical fitness tests and medical exams? What should I expect in the coming months? Also hearing that an form SF-86 will need to be filled out, but I had one in my initial app.? thanks

Comment

Last edited by ngor324; 11-07-2005, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dalebert
                          I am currently in the process of trying to get on with the SS, Criminal Investigator (Special Agent). Turned in app, had initial interview, and passed the TEA exam. What will happen next? In various other threads and sources, I have heard varying information as to the rest of the process. I am under the impression that the rest of the hiring process will be...Panel Interview then Polygraph, but I have heard of people taking POST tests (what is that?) and additional polygraphs, also physical fitness tests and medical exams? What should I expect in the coming months? Also hearing that an form SF-86 will need to be filled out, but I had one in my initial app.? thanks
                          Dalebert,

You have the right idea as to what is next. The panel Interview and Security Interviews are usually next. Upon passing these events, you will be referred to a Polygraph Exam and a physical exam. After successful completion of those items your Background Investigation will begin, which includes a Home Interview with you and your family. After the BI, you may receive an employment offer from your proposed duty location.

Hope this helps, best of luck!

Comment

Puffy,
                            How much do you know about the hiring process?

I have completed everything listed (initial interview, TEA exam, poly, medical exam, panel interview). I'm assuming that the BI has been started but no one has told me about it. It has been two months since my last visit to the Field Office, when I took the polygraph, and have not received a rejection letter in the mail or a phone call yet. Do you think this is good or bad? Should I be worried or just patient?

smurph

Comment

Smurphy,

The rule of thumb is "No news is good news!" There could be a thousand reasons why you have not yet heard about the status of your application i.e. end of FY budgeting, training space, polygraph results review etc.

Golden rule is: you are still in the hiring process, until they notify you that you're not. Be patient!

Best of luck,

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5981 users online. 314 members and 5667 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X