300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore Police Department

I am currently a civilian police officer at an Army base overseas. I am a Baltimore native (although I haven't been home in 10 years) and will be returning to the US next year. I would like to get more information about the Baltimore Police Department. Mostly I am interested to learn whether they have one or two man patrols, permanent shifts or rotating, take home cars, etc. Any information, however, will be helpful. Thanks.
    No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Bpd

Originally posted by mosetti
    I am currently a civilian police officer at an Army base overseas. I am a Baltimore native (although I haven't been home in 10 years) and will be returning to the US next year. I would like to get more information about the Baltimore Police Department. Mostly I am interested to learn whether they have one or two man patrols, permanent shifts or rotating, take home cars, etc. Any information, however, will be helpful. Thanks.
    1.ONE MAN PATROL
    2.Roatating shifts (scheldule sucks) 6on2off for 3 weeks then 2 three day weekends
    3.Take home cars LMAOOOOOO yeah right.
    4.OK pay rate
    5.Room for advancement is unbelievable (GOOD) with all the experience you get here you will be a SGT in 2to3 years
    Any other ?s just ask
    www.swornpigs.com
    ((Everybody's Got A Plan Until They Get Hit))

Comment

Fair enough, take home cars was a bit of a stretch. Thank you for the information. If you wouldn't mind, I do have a few more questions.

1. How often do academy classes start?
      2. Another long shot question. Are there additional benefits for personnel living in the city (besides a short commute)?
      3. What is the standard pistol/caliber?
      4. Can you carry a different pistol if you like?
      5. Is there an opportunity for overtime?
      6. How long do you have to be with the department before you could move on to a section such as Traffic?
      7. I have a friend out here that is a certified LEO from Iowa (10 years experience), does BPD have some sort of lateral transfer program for officers with out of state certifications?
      8. How does the department feel about reservists and guardsman?
      9. Finally, in your opinion how is it working for BPD?

Once again thank you very much for the information. I am going to be applying for a few agencies when I get home, but right now I think Baltimore Police top of my list.
      Last edited by mosetti; 07-13-2005, 05:04 PM. Reason: Added Comments.
      No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

Originally posted by mosetti
        Fair enough, take home cars was a bit of a stretch. Thank you for the information. If you wouldn't mind, I do have a few more questions.

1. How often do academy classes start?
        2. Another long shot question. Are there additional benefits for personnel living in the city (besides a short commute)?
        3. What is the standard pistol/caliber?
        4. Can you carry a different pistol if you like?
        5. Is there an opportunity for overtime?
        6. How long do you have to be with the department before you could move on to a section such as Traffic?
        7. I have a friend out here that is a certified LEO from Iowa (10 years experience), does BPD have some sort of lateral transfer program for officers with out of state certifications?
        8. How does the department feel about reservists and guardsman?
        9. Finally, in your opinion how is it working for BPD?

Once again thank you very much for the information. I am going to be applying for a few agencies when I get home, but right now I think Baltimore Police top of my list.
        1.Classes Start About every 3 months or so..somtimes every month depepnding if 50 ppl are hired.
        2.Benefits living in the city is Officer Next Door, other than that not much..
        3. glock 40
        4.You can carry a different weapon off duty not on.
        5. You can work overtime until u die(from the dept OT to secondary)
        6.Room for advancement and special sections is insane..i was in operations in six months i worked Flex for 4 months. crime is so high here we really dont focus on traffic too much so if u show an interset for that, you will be in right out of the academy..
        7.Laterals..sometime BPD takes laterals not often though, they prefer everyone to go through our academy.
        8. never really heard anything negative nor have i heard positive things reagarding guardsman.
        9. Its a love hate relationship but overall i like it. It gets in ya blood and just to know you are BPD makes u feel good..do a ride along you be the judge. im currently in the South East district...Fun times

any other ?s let me know..be safe
        www.swornpigs.com

Comment

visit www.**************************** when you get back into the US. this site will help you get hired. The rest is up to you.
          Good Luck and Test Well!
          Author of: How to become a peace officer by Wayne LeQuang (google it)

L.B.P.D. Academy #75
          6 month of pain, for a 30 year career.

visit: youtube.com "Black Monday" Great Video from LASD.

Comment

Just got hired by BPD but declined the offer. What turned me off was the fact that you had to stay there for two years before you leave or you have to repay some of the costs for the academy and the application process. I think it amounted to 12,000-13,000 dollars. Also, I was told that the academy was starting in June (don't know if it did) when I was going through the process. When I got hired, they told me June , July, or August. When asked what I would be doing until then they said work around headquarters like painting, or desk work. Now I wasn't that excited about doing janitorial work waiting for the academy being that they wouldn't take me as a lateral. I haven't heard first hand anything good or bad about the department other then what is on the news. Judge how you wish I know the opportunities are good if you are ambitious.

Good Luck!!!

Comment

dont worry

Originally posted by manstown
              Just got hired by BPD but declined the offer. What turned me off was the fact that you had to stay there for two years before you leave or you have to repay some of the costs for the academy and the application process. I think it amounted to 12,000-13,000 dollars. Also, I was told that the academy was starting in June (don't know if it did) when I was going through the process. When I got hired, they told me June , July, or August. When asked what I would be doing until then they said work around headquarters like painting, or desk work. Now I wasn't that excited about doing janitorial work waiting for the academy being that they wouldn't take me as a lateral. I haven't heard first hand anything good or bad about the department other then what is on the news. Judge how you wish I know the opportunities are good if you are ambitious.

Good Luck!!!

just to let you know, i know many ppl who decided this wasnt the job for them, or thought working here was too dangerous and left for another agency within 2 years and the city never ask for the money back. dont let them scare you with that crap lmao...they make u sign this paper that has no legal standards its just to scare you. THEY NEVER EVER ask u too pay the money back lmaoooooo..and ohh yeah the little job u have to do before entering the academy is up to you, u can start on the day of the academy but most ppl like to start early and hump a desk job to get a feel of the Dept. You can do some early sudying like 10-codes and things in that nature. You can also talk to officers in the area and learn a lot, also take advantage of ride alongs.
              www.swornpigs.com

Comment

This Is Funny

http://www.baltimorecity.gov/images/.../KTalking2.mov
                www.swornpigs.com

Comment

I worked in Batltimore for 5 yrs. I never heard of them asking for the training money back from anyone. Also, the little job you do before the academy. Its not a bad gig. Most agencies wont hire you or put you on the pay roll until the academy starts. If you were to take that job, it is at full pay and benefits and your seniority starts when that little job starts. You would be a fool not to take it. They are pretty easy jobs. Why not push paper or work around the gun range for about 40K a year with benefits while you build a few months of seniorty??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5599 users online. 328 members and 5271 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X