300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACT 120 Certification?

Has anyone gone through the academy at the Delaware County Community College? How was it? Militaristic? Easier to get hired afterwards. I'm from Delaware, and we don't have self sponsored academies, so the whole thing is kinda new to me...

Originally posted by BigDaddy
    Has anyone gone through the academy at the Delaware County Community College? How was it? Militaristic? Easier to get hired afterwards. I'm from Delaware, and we don't have self sponsored academies, so the whole thing is kinda new to me...
    I've heard good things about DCCC's academy from a couple friends t hat went through there....

I dont't believe it's very "militaristic" or anything...

Comment

Cool, just got the info...the classes just started, next class in January, so we'll see what happens.

Comment

Here is a link from Temple Police Academy it has some jobs on it that will put you through the police academy if you are interested.

http://www.temple.edu/cjtp/career_opportunities.htm

Comment

Thanks normy

Comment

Does anyone know how long the certification lasts?

Comment

I think 4 years and then your required to go thru the academy again.
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddy
                Does anyone know how long the certification lasts?
                This is right from faq section of the website of MPOETC (Municipal Police Officers' Education and Training Commission) :

Is there an expiration date for the Act 120 Training?

No, there is no expiration for the training, however if the curriculum is changed to include additional courses then the applicant may be required to take those additional courses.

Hope that helps.

Comment

It does...thanks a lot. I am seriously considering the January class. I wish Delaware had this.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3725 users online. 200 members and 3525 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X