Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of State Lateral to California, or pacific northwest!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of State Lateral to California, or pacific northwest!

Can anybody provide any information on agencies who are friendly to Out of State lateral's in these areas? I've had little luck so far and would appreciate any insight even if its not agency specific!

Pretty much anywhere in WA.

http://www.awcnet.org/apps/jobnet/re...pretKeywords=4

Enjoy
    Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

You're gonna find it hard to lateral into Cali. No agency will take you without a California POST Certificate or a CA Basic POST Waiver. And I've never seen an agency that'll take a Lateral with a Waiver, they all require a CA Basic Cert AND 1-3 years or experience IN Cali.

Not saying they're not out there, just that I haven't seen any.
      *Not a cop*

Comment

I've seen them, but your right they're rare! Huntington beach police as well as Glendale will accept a post waiver. I think more will too, they just don't advertise it. I know Glendale dosn't advertise it. The problem is the waiver process itself. Supposedly it takes a long time and its a pain if you don't already live in Cali prior to the start of the process, and I was told it can take over a year to complete. I am looking for agencies that will sponsor me through the lateral process thus making it easier to complete.

Comment

If it takes a year to complete you might as well go through the academy, it is only 6 months.
          "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I saw in the latest APB that LAPD takes laterals now

Comment

Originally posted by GrayW4442
              I saw in the latest APB that LAPD takes laterals now
              They've recruited out-of-state officers for many years, but I don't know if the term "lateral" is appropriate. There is a much-condensed training program, mostly on CA law, with none of the usual academy yelling, push-ups, etc., for certified officers from another state.
              Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Thats cool! I thought LAPD would only accept in-state lateral or you had to go through the full academy.

Comment

Washington State has alot of Departments that take Laterals. The bigger Departments that do are Seattle PD, King County SO, Bellevue PD, and Bremerton PD. go to https://fortress.wa.gov/cjtc/www/employment/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by BayCityBrawler
                    Thats cool! I thought LAPD would only accept in-state lateral or you had to go through the full academy.
                    That's how I understood it to be.
                    *Not a cop*

Comment

Hey Bay City...I nearly went to Florida before I came to AZ..I was curious on why are you heading out...I miss the ocean,,but wouldnt miss the hurricanes and humidity..My expartner went to Broward...I was in NJ for 10 yrs before I came to AZ...I nearly went to California..I luckily had enough hrs to qualify for a basic POST..but alot of agencies want an advanced POST to hire a lateral....I also checked into the Northwest..They all do laterals..However Washington State or Oregon you cannot roll over your retirement time..How many years do you have in FL? Its something to consider

Comment

You probably meant no further than WA, but don't rule out Anchorage PD. We are hiring a lot of officers and would gladly take laterals.

TGY
                        Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

It's called liability. If you come to CA, you will need a CA Post certificate.

L.A.P.D. will make you go through their full police academy or a partial academy. Check out www.**************************** if you need some refresher course or help with your application.
                          Good Luck and Test Well!
                          Author of: How to become a peace officer by Wayne LeQuang (google it)

L.B.P.D. Academy #75
                          6 month of pain, for a 30 year career.

visit: youtube.com "Black Monday" Great Video from LASD.

Comment

Originally posted by wayno1806
                            It's called liability. If you come to CA, you will need a CA Post certificate.

L.A.P.D. will make you go through their full police academy or a partial academy. Check out www.**************************** if you need some refresher course or help with your application.

Wayno...seriously.
                            *Not a cop*

Comment

Originally posted by AzInv
                              Hey Bay City...I nearly went to Florida before I came to AZ..I was curious on why are you heading out...I miss the ocean,,but wouldnt miss the hurricanes and humidity..My expartner went to Broward...I was in NJ for 10 yrs before I came to AZ...I nearly went to California..I luckily had enough hrs to qualify for a basic POST..but alot of agencies want an advanced POST to hire a lateral....I also checked into the Northwest..They all do laterals..However Washington State or Oregon you cannot roll over your retirement time..How many years do you have in FL? Its something to consider
                              I have 5 years on here in Florida. The reason I want to go out west is 3 fold. I have ENOUGH of these hurricanes. At the bare minimum they mess up the landscaping which still cost $$$! I can't stand the weather, I know alot of people like it, but I'm tired of 93 at 90% humidity with a vest on and a polyester uniform. I've been to California numerous times and love it out there, love the weather, even in the desert its better. I know the COL. I don't care about the COL, quality of life is a bigger deal for me.
                              Last edited by BayCityBrawler; 07-25-2006, 06:33 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4224 users online. 276 members and 3948 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X