300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vertical Jump

Can anyone tell me how this is performed and how to prepare for it? The dept I am interested in lists a Vertical Jump of 16 inches as part of the physical agility test.

Is the test performed by standing straight and (flat-footed) jumping straight up? Do you tuck in your feet? Can you start from a crouched position? Are your arms to be at your side?

Thanks.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!"

You will stand with one side of your body flush against a wall, usually containing a blackboard. Your feet will be flat and your arm nearest to the wall will be stretched up as far as you can reach. The person administering the test will mark on the wall (blackboard) where the top of your fingers reach.

Chalk dust will then be applied to your fingers. With the side of your body still facing the wall, you will be allowed to crouch, jump and slap the wall with your hand, leaving a mark with the chalk dust. The person administering the test will then measure the distance between the original mark on the board and the top of the chalk dust mark.

I never figured out what this test was supposed to prove.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Yeah, what L-1 said.

When I was training for this test I used leg pylometrics. (Advise I received from my company's personal trainer)

They help to increase the explosive strength of your muscles.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5495 users online. 327 members and 5168 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X