Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passed everthing in the process, except Psch...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed everthing in the process, except Psch...

Well I received my letter yesterday stating that i passed everything except the psychological portion of the exam. Im still replaying the entire interview in my head and cant seem to find a reason why i failed out on it. The crappy part is that in the letter is says that i am not able to test again until April 26, 2006! Im going to contact my detective and see what i could possibly work out or even appeal....but, i think its a lost cause and there is nothing i can do about it.

Don't sweat it, same thing happened to me recently. Granted, that ended my testing process, so never made it to the poly or medical, but passed everything up to that point. Kind of blew me away that I failed my pysch. I feel I'm a very level headed person, and the pysch consisted of them asking me about everything I did in my past. So not really sure how they base who I am now on what I did when I was a teenager, which wasn't a lot. But oh well, passed my pysch with another agency, so atleast I know I'm not crazy, hahaha.
    sigpic

Comment

I know its because im not nuts!!! I think it might be a maturity thing. It is what it is though. It does suck, but this gives me 9 months to prepare and get ahead of everything else that i can. I know i can get to this point again. The tests and everything else isnt the hard part, it the part where they decide go or no go that sucks. I will get on, its just going to take a little longer than expected.

Comment

Call the place that you did your psych and ask for a copy of the report. That should give you some insight.
        In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Psych questions

Can anyone remember what was asked on their psych exam? Is it just a 500 question test or is there more? I'm curious.

I seem to remember that for NYPD (20+ yrs ago) I sat down and spoke to a psychiatrist but beyond that I don't recall.

Thanks.
          Homer Simpson: "I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!"

Comment

When I took the psych at another dept they had me take the 500? MMPI and then did an interview with me. Same thing happened at my current job. Best thing I can say is to get a lot of sleep before taking an MMPI as it can really have an effect on the results.
            "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I took both tests...the written and oral. Im not too sure which part i failed though...i honestly think it was the oral portion...who knows...depressed as all hell though!

Comment

Well, it certainly can't hurt to ask.
                "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6126 users online. 326 members and 5800 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X