300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transitioning from the Army...

Hello all, I am currently in the Army stationed in Germany and just got back from the desert. I will be exiting the Army August 2006. I have a few questions that I hope someone out there can answer or give me some good advice on:

1. How long does the hiring process typically take? Should I begin the process now?
    2. Since I live in Germany I will have to fly back to the states for interviews, testing, etc. Does anyone know of some good medium-sized (not NYPD or LAPD, sorry too big for me) departments that will be flexible with my situation.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Well, their are plenty, where do you want to live INCONUS?
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

My wife and I would like to live somewhere out in the Colorado, Nevada, Oregon, Wyoming area. I've heard some pretty good things about some of the departments in Nevada (ie - Carson City Sheriff's Dept). Key factors, like everyone else I'm sure, are cost of living, pay, job opportunities for the wife, good schools...quality of life stuff. Thanks for the response.

Comment

Most places make it a bit easier on out of town applicants and you might even be able to swing an extra special deal comming from Germany. Go online and do some research and then call the departments your thinking about joining.
        "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Quick quesiton about residency. A lot of departments require you to show proof of residency before they will hire you. Is this pre or post academy? As it stands right now I'm a GA resident but am looking for jobs in departments on the other coast. Any advice?

Wayno - $ may be good, but for the most part CA is WAY too expensive! Thanks for the link though!

Comment

Originally posted by GI2Cop
            Thanks for the advice. Quick quesiton about residency. A lot of departments require you to show proof of residency before they will hire you. Is this pre or post academy? As it stands right now I'm a GA resident but am looking for jobs in departments on the other coast. Any advice?

Wayno - $ may be good, but for the most part CA is WAY too expensive! Thanks for the link though!
            If you are a Georgia resident, then you need to come on to good old Atlanta PD or the million other departments in the Metro Atlanta area. This is the best place to be a police officer.
            God created some police officers perfect, the rest he put in cars.

Comment

Originally posted by FPS1588
              If you are a Georgia resident, then you need to come on to good old Atlanta PD or the million other departments in the Metro Atlanta area. This is the best place to be a police officer.
              Thanks, but I'm done with the ATL. Great place, but time to move on!

Comment

Basically they want you to have your state DL before you start the academy.

Originally posted by GI2Cop
                Thanks for the advice. Quick quesiton about residency. A lot of departments require you to show proof of residency before they will hire you. Is this pre or post academy?

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
                  Basically they want you to have your state DL before you start the academy.
                  That's what I thought. Thanks for insight.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6193 users online. 341 members and 5852 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X