X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• irishlad2nv
    replied
    Originally posted by JDougal
    I would love if they expanded to Howard, which is where I currently live. That would take the tread of moving for a bit.

Do they back up PG a lot? It seems like it would be the action of working in PG w/o the paperwork. Is this the case? How is moral?

Anyone else have any info?

thanks again
    Why not just go and work for PG county? I mean you seem like the type of person that wants to be busy while in LE work and the Park Police, whether it's PG or Mont county side are not all that busy as far as their call loads. They are more of a Proactive department. Their calls come from inside their jurisdiction, which is the Parks, not outside on the streets of PG county. Don't get caught up in thinking that they are the county police. Yes they back them up from time to time, but PG county, you sneeze and 5 cops are there to hand you a tissue.

For the Morale...it's what you make of it, I know several officers on both side of the county with them, some like it because of the slow-pace, others...well you need to talk to some actual officers from there.

Leave a comment:

• theheights109
    replied
    I would love if they expanded to Howard, which is where I currently live. That would take the tread of moving for a bit.

Do they back up PG a lot? It seems like it would be the action of working in PG w/o the paperwork. Is this the case? How is moral?

thanks again
    i'm not gonna lie and tell you that i know what morale is like there since i don't work there...........as for backing PG......yeah from time to time, but PGPD tends to be more or less self-sufficient and able to handle their own calls........

Leave a comment:

• JDougal
    replied

thanks again

Leave a comment:

• theheights109
    replied
    Can anyone give me more info on this department? What is the test like? What is their call load like? Any other info would be greatly appreciated.
    they patrol the parks in PG and Montgomery Counties.........different division for each county. at least in PG they stay relatively busy. they do some traffic, stop suspicious persons, have robberies to investigate, and the occasional homicide that i can recall in the parks..........PG county is not a nice area, and the parks in PG tend to attract some undesireable patrons LOL. good department, good pay, take-home cars in PG and Mont. Counties. the PG side has some very solid police officers...........not sure about the crew in Montgomery but I would assume it's similar.

Leave a comment:

• theheights109
    replied
    On a side note about the Park Police.......I heard from two people yesterday that there is a very good chance that MNCPPC will be taking control of parks in Howard County and that when that happens, the Park Police will become a "Tri-County" agency. I'm not sure how reliable their information is, but it's what I heard. Anyone else heard this?

Leave a comment:

• JDougal
    replied
    Can anyone give me more info on this department? What is the test like? What is their call load like? Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Chiller
    replied
    Originally posted by irishlad2nv
    No, you just take things way to seriously and will never make it LE that way. LMAFO!

Nahh,man..it's all good here bro....we just agree to disagree that's all....not taking things to seriously at all here..ya can't please or agree with everyone ya know?

Thanx for your support...LOL

Constuctive critisism is good for all
    Last edited by Chiller; 10-16-2005, 06:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• irishlad2nv
    replied
    No, you just take things way to seriously and will never make it LE that way. LMAFO!

Leave a comment:

• Photogrrlz
    replied
    Originally posted by Chiller
    Just received word by mail that I passed the test and that a personality screening test is next on Aug. 5th...

Hmmm a personality test and Chiller hmmmmmm

Leave a comment:

• Chiller
    replied
    Hence your attitude and getting your panties in a bunch over a discussion in a forum leads me to believe it could have been more then your past drug usage, more so, your personality. History of one person can not be the only basis in which to hire someone, being that one person can tell past employers/friends/neighbors to beef up their personality when approached. An in-depth background is a an exact measure to weed out certain individual who do not qualify or meet ones standards. If you feel you were singled out, well get use to it. Most departments will be this way, you do not always get hired by your first department you applied too.

Thanx for your insight...it is appreciated Gee,what would I have ever done without all your help and support? I am such a bad person...LMAO

Leave a comment:

• irishlad2nv
    replied
    Originally posted by Chiller
    Jesus christ bro.....I KNOW they are not feds ok? The whole point of my post which you took as a basis to bash me was that I was unaware of a cocaine use backround. I asked,was told bad info,and then DQ'd...no biggie really IMO. At least I was upfront and did not lie like many people do/have done. Yes I it regret NOW but I did it..so what? I actually think they are prolly losing great applicants over this...do you? Funny thing is,I could have smoked a **** load of weed 5 years ago and this would be a pass but coke 17 years ago with a stellar work history is a DQ. Personally,I think a total history is a way to look at people .

WTF do I know I suppose....

we cool..just your coming down on me for no reason over this ****.but hey, that's what makes you feel better so have at it cause your opinion doesn't and never will mean **** to me.
    Hence your attitude and getting your panties in a bunch over a discussion in a forum leads me to believe it could have been more then your past drug usage, more so, your personality. History of one person can not be the only basis in which to hire someone, being that one person can tell past employers/friends/neighbors to beef up their personality when approached. An in-depth background is a an exact measure to weed out certain individual who do not qualify or meet ones standards. If you feel you were singled out, well get use to it. Most departments will be this way, you do not always get hired by your first department you applied too.

Leave a comment:

• Metro174
    replied
    Any agency in Maryland will know why you're disqualified by another agency in Maryland. They share the information with each other making BG checks easier.

Maryland may have it's problems but I agree 100% with MPCTC not allowing the use of any drugs but marijuana/hashish. They have discussed changing it but most agencies fought them on it as they have more stringent standards than MPCTC. Even BPD's standards for MJ use are more stringent than MPCTC.

Leave a comment:

• Chiller
    replied
    Maryland National Capital Park Police( Park and Planning Commission) either on P.G. County side or Montgomery, which are with the same agency, do not give an agility test, just a physical with a doctor. They are not a Fed agency "chiller". And FYI, most BI's will BS you a lot throughout the proccess anywhere you go and apply...good luck anywhere else...

Jesus christ bro.....I KNOW they are not feds ok? The whole point of my post which you took as a basis to bash me was that I was unaware of a cocaine use backround. I asked,was told bad info,and then DQ'd...no biggie really IMO. At least I was upfront and did not lie like many people do/have done. Yes I it regret NOW but I did it..so what? I actually think they are prolly losing great applicants over this...do you? Funny thing is,I could have smoked a **** load of weed 5 years ago and this would be a pass but coke 17 years ago with a stellar work history is a DQ. Personally,I think a total history is a way to look at people .

WTF do I know I suppose....

we cool..just your coming down on me for no reason over this ****.but hey, that's what makes you feel better so have at it cause your opinion doesn't and never will mean **** to me.

Leave a comment:

• irishlad2nv
    replied
    Maryland National Capital Park Police( Park and Planning Commission) either on P.G. County side or Montgomery, which are with the same agency, do not give an agility test, just a physical with a doctor. They are not a Fed agency "chiller". And FYI, most BI's will BS you a lot throughout the proccess anywhere you go and apply...good luck anywhere else...

Leave a comment:

• Chiller
    replied
    [QUOTE=P.I.Davis]Yeah Im going to throw my application in with them for the Dec 9th test. Sence you went thorugh the process I havent seen anywhere that they have a agility test. DO they just leave it out? If there is one can you share what it was?[/QUOT

I don't believe they give one
    Last edited by Chiller; 10-15-2005, 02:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5423 users online. 306 members and 5117 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X