300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview

No this is not one of those, "what are they going to ask" things. I had my interview today with a PD here in central TX. I passed, they told me right after the interview, next is the chief's review where they set up the list. I can only hope I'm near the top. I just wanted to share with some of the guys just starting out with what I believed were some good questions on my interview.

1. What is community policing mean to you? i.e. define in your own words

2. What differentiates a professional police officer from others?

3. If you were in the military "Why did you separate from the military"

4. What was your most stressfull day while working?
    Follow up
    What do you do to handle stress.

Hope this helps some of you guys, this forum certainly helped me pass my interview, thanks to all of you who posted about interviews.
    "evil doers beware, where ever you may be"

Those are quality questions to look into! Thanks for posting! Good luck with rest of the process! I still have a year of school left before I want to start applying...or maybe apply just before I graduate.
    Put 'em on Safe and let 'em Hang...

Comment

Originally posted by bodei
      No this is not one of those, "what are they going to ask" things. I had my interview today with a PD here in central TX. I passed, they told me right after the interview, next is the chief's review where they set up the list. I can only hope I'm near the top. I just wanted to share with some of the guys just starting out with what I believed were some good questions on my interview.

Follow up

Hope this helps some of you guys, this forum certainly helped me pass my interview, thanks to all of you who posted about interviews.
      Those definelty seem like some tough questions, especially when you on the "hot" seat.

Comment

Follow up

A potential employer asked me this one and that first question caught me way off guard but it was asked as your most stressful exp. ever in or out of work

The last was an easy one....I go beat the hell outta a little white ball as often as possible
        Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

I recently switched departments and have been going through a lot of interviews. Many of them asked the "Community Policing" question. Before you answer this one make sure you know what Community Policing is. It's an established theory, not something that you can come up with off the top of your head. Other policing theories are "Problem Oriented Policing" (Broken windows theory), and "Service Oriented Policing".
          Don't hurt nobody, unless they need hurtin'.

Comment

That was my problem, in the military they dont stress to much community policing, so I was not totally in the dark but the room was not that bright. I just said it was the establishment and maintaining of a good working and social relationship between the dept and the community. Then I went on with being a well rounded leo and keeping a good image of the pd in the publics eye.

Comment

Typical questions if you've been to police oral interviews. Knowing the question is one thing, but having the answer they want is another. If you want the answer, check out my book. "How to become a peace officer"

www.*****************************
              Good Luck and Test Well!
              Author of: How to become a peace officer by Wayne LeQuang (google it)

L.B.P.D. Academy #75
              6 month of pain, for a 30 year career.

visit: youtube.com "Black Monday" Great Video from LASD.

Comment

What Central Texas dept?

Follow up

What Central Texas Dept are you applying to? I am through the civil service exam and the Physical Agility testing with the Killeen, TX Police Dept now and am waiting for the results of my background investigation. It will then be the oral interview board, poly, physical, psych phases. Hopfully I will pass them all. Just hope they don't frown on me to much because of my extensive marijuana use as a kid.

Mike

Comment

I applied with the Round Rock PD. Just north of Austin, not to far from you!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7584 users online. 387 members and 7197 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X