Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixed-wing pilots in Law Enforcement

Hey,
    Im a fixed-wing (airplane) pilot living in Southern California, and I wanted to know what type of jobs are out their for pilots with the various law enforcement agencies. In addition, requirements or tips would be much appreciated. Thanks in advanced for all your help. : )

Border Patrol has fixed wing aircraft. The thing is that everyone has to do a minimum of three years as a field agent before they are considered for pilot slots. Additionaly I believe that you have to have an instrument rating and 400 hours.
    The only thing we have to fear is change itself.

Comment

I'd send a private message to Slueth. I believe he was a Customs agent and can give you some insight to how they get their pilots.
      Last edited by Navy Guy; 07-08-2005, 04:31 PM.
      I know I should feed the trolls but it is just SO hard.

Comment

Around here, the Missouri State Highway Patrol is the only ones that do anything with fixed-wings.
        You have to be a Trooper for quite a while when an opening comes...
        I would suspect that it would be the same way for most if not all agencies out there that have fixed-wing assests....

Comment

CHP is the only state/local agency in so cal that I know used planes for patrol. You have to be an officer first. Many of the local sheriff departments have a handful of fixed wings, but for prisoner transports, and errands for the sheriff, and stuff like that only as far as I know. I think all have deputy pilots.

There are several search and rescue teams/aero squadrons with local sheriff's also, but they are volunteers.
          Get low, get ground, get tactical! Sprawl! Sprawl! Sprawl!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5973 users online. 307 members and 5666 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X