Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona: CARLOTA or ALEA???

Hey ya'll,

Just finished the last step of the hiring process (physical and drug test) with and should be getting a call any day now. They told me that they will either send me to the the August academy in Coolidge (CARLOTA) or the one near South Mountain (ALEA?). I doubt they will allow me any say in the matter when the decision is made to send me to one or the other, but just curious as to what they're all about from some of you who have possibly been there. I've heard that CARLOTA is less physical and more academic than ALEA, but beyond that I haven't a clue. I'm hoping for a good physical challenge, but also am a fan of book learning, so I think I will be happy at either location

Thanks,

Brandon
    Last edited by rugermk2; 02-17-2007, 09:18 PM.
    He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
    -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
    -- Hemingway

I went to ALEA. I wouldnt say that ALEA is less in academics then CARLOTA. The academics are all the same. The performance objectives for academics is set by POST. I would say that CARLOTA is less into the physical. My belief is that ALEA is a better academy. I've known guys that went to CARLOTA and they have said the same.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mgrif
      I went to ALEA. I wouldnt say that ALEA is less in academics then CARLOTA. The academics are all the same. The performance objectives for academics is set by POST. I would say that CARLOTA is less into the physical. My belief is that ALEA is a better academy. I've known guys that went to CARLOTA and they have said the same.

Good luck.

I think that ALEA is your best bet. I went to ALETA back in 1991 and it was very physical then. I currently do a lot of work at ALEA and I believe that they have better training resources, (shoot house, sim city, FATS, etc.)

I also know that ALEA is more physical but no less academic.

Just be happy that your going to one of them...
      There's no substitute for strength,
      and no excuse for a lack of it!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3125 users online. 163 members and 2962 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X