300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats Important To You!!!!!!!

I was just wondering if anyone feels the way i feel here in Baltimore City. We all know most people hate police until somone is whippin on that ***. But i was thinking about something..Here in Baltimore City Here are the Pros and Cons...

*PROS*
    1.Excellent Experience
    2.Exciting
    3.Incredible amount of room for Advancement
    4.Decent Pay
    5.Respect in the state of MD ( most agencies admit they know we do more in 1 week than they will do all year)
    6.20 year retirement

*CONS*
    1.HORRIFIC SCHEDULE 6 on 2 off with 2 three day weekends every 5 weeks.
    2.Decent Pay (LOL)
    3.Swing Shifts..
    4.Drafting (making you stay 8 more freakn hours if the next shift is short)
    5.Crime Rate (300 homicides a year)
    6.Very Dangerous (like most agencies..but our ratio of fallen officers is crazy)
    I dont know fellow brothers and sisters in Blue, sometime you ask ya self whats the damn point. This Court system is so terrible here its insane. If you arrest a person at 0900 hrs you will see tht person before you leave for the day back out and selling. JUST VENTING HOPE ITS OK.... OH yeah my QUESTION IS----whats important to you in your JOB...money,family time,respect, etc..
    www.swornpigs.com
    ((Everybody's Got A Plan Until They Get Hit))

Originally posted by acebpd0304
    I was just wondering if anyone feels the way i feel here in Baltimore City. We all know most people hate police until somone is whippin on that ***. But i was thinking about something..Here in Baltimore City Here are the Pros and Cons...

*PROS*
    1.Excellent Experience
    2.Exciting
    3.Incredible amount of room for Advancement
    4.Decent Pay
    5.Respect in the state of MD ( most agencies admit they know we do more in 1 week than they will do all year)
    6.20 year retirement

*CONS*
    1.HORRIFIC SCHEDULE 6 on 2 off with 2 three day weekends every 5 weeks.
    2.Decent Pay (LOL)
    3.Swing Shifts..
    4.Drafting (making you stay 8 more freakn hours if the next shift is short)
    5.Crime Rate (300 homicides a year)
    6.Very Dangerous (like most agencies..but our ratio of fallen officers is crazy)
    I dont know fellow brothers and sisters in Blue, sometime you ask ya self whats the damn point. This Court system is so terrible here its insane. If you arrest a person at 0900 hrs you will see tht person before you leave for the day back out and selling. JUST VENTING HOPE ITS OK.... OH yeah my QUESTION IS----whats important to you in your JOB...money,family time,respect, etc..

My question is.....would you recommend someone to apply there looking into LE? The starting pay is better elsewhere and I personally spoke to a Sargent who was on the street that told me he was going to school off duty because he couldn't wait to leave B-more City.

Any thoughts?????
    Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

2 and out

i would only suggest to work here for 2 years and move on..you will get excellent experience here, thts 1 of the positive. but other than that Hell no!!!
      www.swornpigs.com
      ((Everybody's Got A Plan Until They Get Hit))

Comment

More cons...

More cons in Baltimore City:
        1) Internal Politics....seems like the Dept is out to screw everyone
        2) Poor community relations - negative news story every night
        3) Poor Equipment - the cars speak for themselves
        4) Hiring - sometimes they don't exactly hire the best of the best
        "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't."

Comment

Here is my story with BPD. I went down for the 4 day processing in April. I thought for sure with education and pior experiance I would have no problem getting hired. Wouldnt you know that Iwas found deceptive on the polygraph. Since then I have passed my poly with another city and state agency. I have thought about writing the major but since I am now so far in the process with these other 2 agencies I dont know if it is worth the hassle. The other part that pi#$ed me off is getting my integrity called into question and basically sayin that I sat there and lied to another officer.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller
            My question is.....would you recommend someone to apply there looking into LE? The starting pay is better elsewhere and I personally spoke to a Sargent who was on the street that told me he was going to school off duty because he couldn't wait to leave B-more City.

Any thoughts?????
            I would suggest trying elsewhere since that is what those you know are telling you.

The BPD is in the process of trying to regain its identity and cohesion.

Maybe things will "settle down" here and become beneficial for you to apply.
            Only a dead fish floats with the current.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3379 users online. 169 members and 3210 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X